Hello from So. Cal!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brick_haus

Reaction score
Hello fellow beer enthusiasts,
I have been lurking for a couple months and thought I’d introduce myself, just in case I chime in on one of your threads.
My name is John. I brewed my first beer in the summer of 1978. I made 3 or 4 batches before getting married and raising my family took up any spare time that I had. My youngest son is now away in college and I have once again joined the world of “make it how you like” it beer.
I made myself a little brewery capable of brewing 10 gal batches of all grain beer and have just finished putting my fourth batch in the fermentation chamber.
I have a true love for a good IPA and my wife enjoys a more subtle taste. So it’s IPA, Blonde ale, IPA rotation for now.
I’m looking forewort to learning the fine art of creating a lager that has enough umph for me and will also satisfy the dull taste of the masses. I will, after all, need some help disposing of some of this beer so I can keep busy doing what I enjoy most, brewing.
I am a senior Lab tech at a local petroleum lab and this hobby fits right in with what I do best…
Cheers!

Welcome to the best place for the beer obssed! I made wine for years till about 30. 20 some years later,Jan '11 I decided to try brewing beer. I'm much happier now...:mug:

whats up John! I started brewing 5 gallon all grain batches a couple of months ago, and would like to try my luck at 10 gallon batches, seems like I would be getting 2x the beer for about the same effort I think? how has your beer been coming out?

My first IPA was an extract b atch that a buddy helped me out with. It was excellent! I am now drinking my first solo all grain blonde ale. It seems to be a little green but it's still OK. I'm not too fond of blonds though... I just racked my first AG IPA into kegs. FG was spot on and the taste test indicated a great beer. We'll see in a couple weeks... Just brewed my first AG Blonde yesterday and OG is right on and everything seemed to go OK with the brew. Maybe a Pale Ale next?

Yes I agree that since you have to do all the prep and clean up necessary for an AG, you might as well brew the max. capacity of your system.

Latest posts

Back