5/21/11 End of the world brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acoma

Reaction score
Just realized I'm brewing on the last day of life as we know it. I'm brewing an AG Lil Sumpin Sumpin Clone. I think I'm going to rename it "Sumpin like an Apocalypse".

Who's brewing with me?

It may just be a matter of semantics, but isn't tomorrow the Rapture, with the end of the world being scheduled for Oct 21? I read that somewhere...

I would think tomorrow calls for a Summer Ale, Kolsch type, while the end of the world calls for a seriously strong Barley Wine.

But, hey, my calculations could be off...

If tomorrow's the rapture, something tells me I might not make it. That also means the rest of those who don't make it probably will be up to no good. If I wake up and my wife is gone, I think I will stay home from work, load up the guns and brew some beer while ridding my property of those unworthy of rapture :). If the rapture doesn't come, I'll be brewing some APA come Tuesday.

It's the end of the world as we know it,& I feel fine. Just had to say it. Sunday,we'll be taking FG hydrometer samples of the 2 we have fermenting now. As for today/tomorrow,I'll go on soaking recycled bottles clean...

Easter Sunday, I began a brew which nearly ended in disaster and which made one further attempt at suicide during the primary. I pulled it back, both times. Now bottled, it is called 'Resurrection Breakfast Stout'.

I am considering taking the leftover 'Mystery Wort' from this debacle, augmenting it, and creating 'Rapture Chocolate Stout' on Saturday. Chocolate and rapture do go together, don't they?

I'm brewing up a porter today, I figure satan might like a porter. I am thinking if the world didn't end, I will make a barley wine soon and age the hell out of it so that next year when the world is supposed to end I'll be sitting pretty on my private stock.

I've got the BBQ fired up! I hope Jesus likes Pulled pork and dry hopped pale ale... but just in case i have a carboy w/ water in it!

Enjoy some german punk rock!

Its the end of the world as we know it! But i feel fine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Punk lives on! I like the way the explosion gives the single digit salute! Like God's saying he's gunna be ok,but he's pretty sure we're fooked.

i love some good punk and i'm a sucker for good a good ska bad! ;)

i'll post some pics of all the Q i'm doing. need to watch my bbq cooking to beer intake so i dont gt to ripped to early! ohhh dry hopped pale ale how i love u!

I thought the world was over back then::confused:

Partigyled a wee heavy (Heavy Ruby and Skinny Ruby) yesterday, just in case I didn't have to come to work today, alas, here I am.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making an End of Days IPA or Armageddon IPA cant decide. Its actually a Lagunitas clone but I am changing some hops slightly since my LHBS doesnt have what the recipe calls for. Anyway, glad to see we are all still here.......so far.

Best one I've read so far:

"Aren't you worried about the Rapture?"

"Not as long as it doesn't learn to open doors."

I'm still here...either God said no or people are whackjobs...I'm going with the latter, now its time to plan my next brew.

+1. Planning my first stab at making one of my ales again. Just need to get the same results with fresh LME this time. That's the trick,I guess...

i threw caution to the wind and brewed today too... did a nice, low gravity cream ale for fire and brimstone consumption!

I brewed a "Heavenly Honey Wheat" today. I'm glad the end of the world didnt come because I would have been ticked that I didnt get to try my other two batches that are about ready.

Back