9 cf. Kenmore @ Sears

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHowe

Reaction score
Wifie and I found what appeared to be a pretty damn good deal on a Kenmore 9cf freezer at Sears today. Black version is $296 and the white is $269.

Left to right without the hump =25"
Front to back is =16.5"
Depth =28"

Hump is 11" wide.

With say a 2X6 collar or a 2X8 anyone have any idea about how many ball lock cornies might fit? I hope for 4 and possibly one 6gal BB. C02 will be outside.

The sale ends tomorrow.

Brandon

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_...zers&pageNum=1&sortOption=ORIGINAL_SORT_ORDER

I'm going to guess you mean the 8.8 cu ft one like I posted. I have the white one. It's a bit narrow and only holds 4 on the main deck. With a collar, you might squeeze two more in there. This model has quite a bit of wasted space due to the width. No way put kegs side by side. You have to stagger them.

I think the Magic Chef 7.2 commonly carried at Home Depot holds 6 with less wasted space, and it costs less money.

You will have no issues though with 4 cornies and the Better Bottle, it's just not the best option.

I believe that is the same one I saw today.

I haven't been able to locate the magic chef stuff at HD here or online.

Lowes has the exact same dimension 9cf Frigidaire as Sears that is somewhat inefficient for corny storage.

On their website they also show a 8.8cf version as well as a 7.2cf version. Neither of which are in the Lowes near our house. Anyone have any expirence with either of these models?

Back