Maui Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpatrol

Reaction score
Just got back from a weeks stay in Maui. When I told my local Bevmo manager where I was going he gave me his business card to drop off at Maui Brewing Co. I was thinking I was in no way going to go bug the workers there but when I actually found the place I said what the hell. Maui Brewing just happens to be my favorite since my trip there last year. I was sold on the Coconut Porter but the can thing was throwing me off. I respect why they do it though. So I go walking up to the open garage door into the brew faciclity and see the owner himself. Told him who I was, gave him the card and said I was a fan. He says..."You want a beer?" I couldn't believe it. I turned it down and said I didn't want to bug him anymore than I already had but he insisted I try his new Mana Wheat. Gave me 2 unlabeled cans and said I was the first outside of his brewery to try it. Ended up being the highlight of my trip there.

Sorry guys, I just had to tell somebody.

I have two cans of the Coconut Porter in my fridge...

I sent them an email a few days ago wondering if they would ever send some cases east of the Mississippi River... No response yet....

I have two cans of the Coconut Porter in my fridge...

I sent them an email a few days ago wondering if they would ever send some cases east of the Mississippi River... No response yet....

They just got a new beverage distributer so you'll probably start seeing them on the shelves fairly soon. When we stayed in Maui we went to their brew pub and sampled all kinds of beers. They have a Red Cock Doppel Bock which is awesome and their best IMO. The wife ordered a Coconut Porter Float for dessert. All it was was Vanilla ice cream with with Porter over the top. Awesome. It was so good I've been making it here at home.

They just got a new beverage distributer so you'll probably start seeing them on the shelves fairly soon. When we stayed in Maui we went to their brew pub and sampled all kinds of beers. They have a Red Cock Doppel Bock which is awesome and their best IMO. The wife ordered a Coconut Porter Float for dessert. All it was was Vanilla ice cream with with Porter over the top. Awesome. It was so good I've been making it here at home.

BEER FLOATS RULE!!!

One of my faves has been Breckinridge Brewery's Vanilla Porter w/ vanilla ice cream.... GOOD STUFF!!!

Brewers are cool.

I want to try that coconut porter someday. There beers were not readily available, even when I was living in Hawaii.

Brewers are cool.

I want to try that coconut porter someday. There beers were not readily available, even when I was living in Hawaii.

The owner is really cool and is close friends with the Owner/Founder of Stone Brewing. I sent him a thank you email and he quickly responded with kind words. Maui Brewing is top notch.

beer float? and itss good? I'l have to do research. This may be THE thing to get my fiance into liking beer.

i love the big swell IPA.
my old job took me to maui alot, and i would always go to the brewing and brewpub. great people, and they really embody everything i love about small breweries and maui.

finally i bought 3 6 packs and brought some cans home with me in my suitcase.
i have been trying to find a big swell ipa clne, but no luck.
i think i am close to a beer that is pretty comparable though :)

Latest posts

Back