So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was planning on brewing yesterday. Didnt happen. Had to work this morning. Got home and decoded to do it today. Forgot that tap water is now overloaded with chlorine. Measured out all of my ingredients and water. Treated it with campden and am going to let it chill and evaporate the chlorine so I can brew after work tomorrow.

I have a Sunday brewday coming up. Doing a quick 2.5 gallon test batch on a peanut butter porter. My goal is to make a smoked reese's peanut butter cup in a beer.

I salivate just thinking about it. I was born to be a fat kid.

First taste before throwing it into the fermenter...DELICIOUS!

Brewed 8 gallons of Saison on Sunday. Split it up and pitched WLP Saison I, II, Brett Bruxellensis Trios and Brett Lambicus

With the extended family coming over Saturday, Friday looks to be the best bet for brewing. Have a bunch of MO, so I grabbed some Amarillo leaf and a pack of US-05 and will use it to SMASH up a simple APA.

Since I only work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon-Thurs is my "weekend". That being said, tomorrow (Tues) I am brewing my 3rd attempt at Heady Topper. This time, I'm using Conan yeast from Omega Yeast Labs as opposed to the stuff I harvested from a can.

Either Wed or Thurs I plan on kegging my Coco/coconut brown ale (for the wife).

Over the Easter Weekend: Saturday - Imperial Red Ale and Sunday - English Brown Porter. These will be my first brews since upgrading my equipment to electric (at least for the HLT and RIMS Tube).

Making a hoppy blonde ale with Mosaic tomorrow - first batch since January, looking forward to it!

just finished 130 ltr Rauchbier xxxtrem ( 80% Rauchmout )
great brewday,lots of laughs and the first bottle got opened at 10 am !:tank:

I brewed up a single hopped pale ale with Legacy hops today. I'm a teacher on spring break, so I'm planning on brewing up a Calypso pale ale and maybe a blonde sour over the course of the next week. My homebrew stock has slimmed quite a bit since August, so I need to get in gear and brew up a storm to replenish.

Big brew day planned for Saturday with my pops starting early at 8:00 AM (I typically start around 4:00 PM). Starting with a partigyle Wee Heavy/Scottish 60/- and then finishing with a Hoppy Red Ale. I'm trying a bunch of new (to me) things so there's a lot that could go wrong. Or it could go horribly right. These are my first batches since January, so it will be nice to dust off the rust.

Just brewed a 10g and a 5g on the new rig. Still getting used to it. It's pretty manual. 12 hours from weighing grain to cleaned.

Going to brew a gose on Sunday. I'm going to sour out using lacto for two days before pitching kolsch yeast, so I don't even have to do a starter until later.

We got 1/3 of our 60 gallon batch brewed tonight, doing the rest tomorrow. Imperial stout that we'll be aging in a Jim Beam whiskey barrel. We're still figuring out what we'll do with all of it. But it's been fun figuring out the challenge for 2 5 to 10 gallon batch homebrewers to brew at this scale.

Horizion IPA
test some new toffee malt from NZ

Grain Bill (BIAB)

10 lbs. - M/O Pale Malt
1 lbs. - Simpsons Amber
1/2 lb. -Gladfields Toffee Malt

Hop Schedule
1.5 oz - Horizon hops [12%] (60 min.)
1/2 oz - Horizon hops [12%] (20 min.)
2 oz - Cascade flowers[5.5%] (1 min.)

Double brew day. Bastard pale ale/kolsch made from lager and vienna malt, pacific gem and wakatu hops with 1056. Followed by a extract cider.

I think im going to try some extract beers again with sone aditional dry hopping etc, i got the cider out of the way while my ale was cooling.

Making 5 gallons of BM Centennial Blonde. 3rd batch. Also trying to squeeze in a 2.5 gallon batch of a vienna NB SMASH. Not sure yet of the hop schedule.

Sparging 10 gallons of an Oberon clone! Got some bells yeast ready for one of the fermenters, us05 in other!

Got to run some errands this morning but I hope to brew a fruit wheat lager this afternoon.

Exbeeriment: I'm planning a 3 gallon AG batch of Kolsch using water straight out of the bottle, and another identical 3 gallon AG batch of Kolsch with a Cologne water profile using the same brand of bottled water. I wanna see what, if any, difference in taste there might be.

Back