V-Vessel reviews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stunsm

Reaction score
So I know there are a few posts asking about these already, but it looks like it hasn't come up in a few months. Have any more people had experiences with these, good or bad? There were the usual posts about concerns over oxygen permeability, if you use one have you noticed any off flavors? How about ease of harvesting yeast with the capsule? I'm not worried about filling or mounting the units, which seem to be common concerns for people. Between the cost, which is a lot more than the buckets I have, but looks like I could get 3 or 4 for the price of 1 stainless conical, and the wall mounting options which are ideal for my small apartment, I'm pretty interested. I'd like to hear from people who are actually using these, rather than the speculation of people who think it's just a gimmick but haven't had their hands on one...

I've no experience with them but I've seen this question asked and answered multiple times.
The consensus seems to be the lack of popularity is down to the possible problems from access for cleaning and plastic density.

If you want cheap then you can't beat carboys or pails.

Back