New season of 24..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have watched every other season, but will probably miss this one
It will be hard pressed to be funnier than this

[ame=http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1788161]24: The Unaired 1994 Pilot - CollegeHumor video[/ame]

Why does FOX have to preempt the "animated domination" lineup to show 24, though (instead of just airing it on its regular night)? It seems most Sundays that I'm off, the Simpsons is bumped for one of FOX's gimmicks. :mad:

Ugh. I watched part of one episode the first season, and though, "WTH is going on?" Just seemed a bit ridiculous to me. For a show that is supposed to make you believe what they are doing...

Ugh. I watched part of one episode the first season, and though, "WTH is going on?" Just seemed a bit ridiculous to me. For a show that is supposed to make you believe what they are doing...

What exactly was so hard to figure out? Jack Bauer is on the run from the US government because of his prior indiscretions. He ends up at a school in Africa that's run by an old special forces friend. The rebel contingent in that country is staging a coup and therefore goes out and "recruits" (kidnaps) children to be soldiers. So Jack helps the kids reach the embassy and get to safety. None of this is outside the realm of reality, as far as 24's "reality" goes, and it's certainly easier to swallow than, say, Jack Bauer taking a un-disarmable nuke in a single prop cessna and dropping it in the desert.

On the list of far-fetched 24 plots, this one is relatively low on the list. Even the "complicated" parts (namely, that an American company is covertly funding the rebels) are fairly easy to swallow.

I don't know anything about this season. I'm talking about the first season, when I decided I couldn't watch it for it's lameness. Too much "yeah, right..." for me, in a show that is supposed to be real.

I Swore I had NO TIME for another addictive tv show. I had a hard enough time breaking my 24 habit last year. I DO NOT need to start watching it again!

Alas.....I was 10 minutes in before I realized it, and now I'm stuck!

I don't know anything about this season. I'm talking about the first season, when I decided I couldn't watch it for it's lameness. Too much "yeah, right..." for me, in a show that is supposed to be real.

What do you mean "a show that's supposed to be real"? You mean, it's not a fantasy? It's non-fiction? Huh?

I watched seasons 1-5 on DVD. I think I stopped after episode 5 or 6 into season 6 - it just seemed like they jumped the shark.

What do you mean "a show that's supposed to be real"? You mean, it's not a fantasy? It's non-fiction? Huh?

The show did predict a black president.....and now it's a woman......EVAN! I'm surprised at your naivety! This is obviously a complete tactical solution for the government. They use it to influence public perception, as well as to confuse reality with fantasy. You've been brain washed and entertained for what....3 or 4 seasons now? You poor Soul.

<Chokes on the sarcasm>

I watched seasons 1-5 on DVD. I think I stopped after episode 5 or 6 into season 6 - it just seemed like they jumped the shark.

hehehe, I thought they jumped the shark in the first few episodes of season one. The whole freakin' show is one big shark-jump. You have to embrace the shark jumpage! :p

The show did predict a black president.....and now it's a woman......EVAN! I'm surprised at your naivety! This is obviously a complete tactical solution for the government. They use it to influence public perception, as well as to confuse reality with fantasy. You've been brain washed and entertained for what....3 or 4 seasons now? You poor Soul.

I know, right!? And now every time I see our black soon-to-be-president, I can only think of one thing:

"it's called the swoop, and squat".

If you don't get the reference, well, you suck.

Back