Pomegranate Drank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThaDutchMasta

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of fermenting pomegranate concentrate similar to making a hard lemonade? I saw the frozen cans when i just went to buy some lemonade cans. im thinking of trying a gallon jug first, maybe even combine it with another juice...

any thoughts?

Has anyone heard of fermenting pomegranate concentrate similar to making a hard lemonade? I saw the frozen cans when i just went to buy some lemonade cans. im thinking of trying a gallon jug first, maybe even combine it with another juice...

any thoughts?

well, they do have Mike's hard pomegranate.

I dont see why not, though pomegranate ferments out pretty dry. I made a pomegranate-apfelwein last winter that was very good, not alot of pomegranate flavor came through but the addition made it more tart

It makes a very good wine though, I had a commercial 100% pomegranate wine that was very similar to a shiraz. Thats the route I would take if I were to do it.

Like you said, try it in a small batch, see how it turns out. Its expensive stuff.

I did 50/50 pom concentrate and apple juice. Turned out fantastic. Smelled gross to start and fermented up a nasty brew, but 2 weeks later + carbed = yumm.

Back