Your House Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always mixing my brews up, however my 2 heart clone goes so fast whenever it's in the lineup that I have to rebrew it often.

Hey....... I have that beer on tap right now too:) I either use that hop combo or sometimes just use "7 C'S" hop blend for my "house APA." Just getting ready to pour one:mug:

++1 My house brew is a APA using just 2 row and a small amount of 20L or 40L crystal with some C hop combination. Last batch was Columbus, Centennial, Citra, Cascade and Amarillo. Five gallons now fermenting using 7C's blend. I rarely brew exactly the same thing twice.

English Brown Ale has been my house brew. I usually either have a batch tapped, conditioning, or fermenting. I brew other types but it's my staple. I was buying Newcastle which is what made me realize I can make better myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

For me it's ESB and a regular English bitter, also an amber ale for those that don't drink much ales

Sent from my HTC One using Home Brew mobile app

My go to is pale ale malt, white wheat, and a touch of caravienne hopped with Citra using only fwh, flameout, and dry hop. I feel lke the fwh gives just enough bitterness for a 4.2% beer but its smoother and avoids the cattyness citra can have. Every now and then I will do a one off batch and change the dry hops, like Zyhthos of Falconer's Flight.

I have a house saison and and coconut black ipa that I normally always keep around.

Coconut is basically the hypest beer ingredient... I have a coconut stout I've brewed a couple times and I always try to have some on hand.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Home Brew mobile app

I don't keep any particular beer always on tap, but I almost always have some Apfelwein on tap. I don't drink it very often, but my wife and my friends love it. It's easy and cheap to make so it's easy to have on hand year round.

I echo this. Currently have 3 taps, always have Apfelwein on hand for those who dont like whatever else is on tap. Recently the other two have been full of stouts (I have been on a stout kick recently). Otherwise I like to keep some sort of Pale Ale/IPA on hand and whatever else I am feeling.

I want to put in another tap or two but in order to do it I need to buy another faucet for one more or upgrade my gas system for 2.

The only beer I brew repeatedly (6x per year) is my Cascade/Citra hopped American Pale Ale. Definitely a house staple here.

I try to keep a fat tire clone on hand. Most of my friends/family don't like "dark" beers (don't get me started on that phrase) and fat tire is pretty mellow. I'm a hop head and like hard core hop additions and it's a little much for most "regular" people

I always keep a Farmhouse Ale on hand. No matter the season, it is nice.
The stronger version is in my recipes.
I tweak it to make a "Petite" from time to time.
I bottle with Brett sometimes and put those up.

I have made minor adjustments to the base grain from things I have learned from Jolly Pumkin, Crooked Stave, Jester King, ect. Once i decide my perfect combo i will post it, but the base recipe is a winner in my book.

Quote~~~__________________
"I am not a Brewmaster. A Master dominates. He controls. I am a guide for the beer. We are partners."
Jean Van Roy

I love this! Best quote ever

Back