This Friday's Haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up a sixer.

2042351966_fc9f43c777.jpg

2007's in boyee!!

Lindeman's Gueuze and Pomme.
Rodenbach Grand Cru.

2041553621_e82a9999e2.jpg

Rodenbach Red Bach
De Dolle Stille Nacht
De Dolle Oerbeir
Hobgoblin

2042352124_0d414cd98a.jpg

Dude said:
I hate you with the white hot fire of 10,000 suns.

I can feel your anger. I am unarmed. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

You have some tastee St George RIS? Others to trade?

I just had cuvee rene last night brewing the Temptation clone with Mike T, apparently the regular gueze is sweetened like the rest of their line-up but Rene is not - it was pretty good, not as nice as the Cantillon though IMHO.
We bought it to mix with some beach plum jelly I had to see what a plum lambic would be like( remember me asking the waitress at Monk's olllllo). It was very good together, and whenever my first pLambic is done, its getting some plums.
I'll be curious to see what you think of the Rene olllllo
Here's my recent pick-ups left to right: (Stoudts Scotch Style Ale, DFH Jihau, Fantome Noel, Cuvee Rene(done), starter)
DSC_00050001_2.JPG
The starter on the right is from the dreggs of the beers from Monks olllllo
And the Fantome WILL BE CULTURED!!!! Bwahahahahahaaaa!!!!

Of those, I only know the Alaskan Smoked Porter. And I know it to be possibly the best porter I've ever encountered.

I guess I had the 2006. Time for a beer run.

olllllo said:
I can feel your anger. I am unarmed. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

You have some tastee St George RIS? Others to trade?

That can be arranged. I haven't gotten any 2007 St. George RIS yet, but I will. Anything else I can get here that you can't get there? We have a huge selection of Bell's now, I'd bet you can't get that. I think the Two Hearted is one of the best IPA's I've ever had.

landhoney said:
I just had cuvee rene last night brewing the Temptation clone with Mike T, apparently the regular gueze is sweetened like the rest of their line-up but Rene is not - it was pretty good, not as nice as the Cantillon though IMHO.
We bought it to mix with some beach plum jelly I had to see what a plum lambic would be like( remember me asking the waitress at Monk's olllllo). It was very good together, and whenever my first pLambic is done, its getting some plums.
Here's my recent pick-ups left to right: (Stoudts Scotch Style Ale, DFH Jihau, Fantome Noel, Cuvee Rene(done), starter)
View attachment 3360

That's awsome that the starter took off!!

I may not get to pour the Rene anytime soon unless it goes over Thanksgiving, but I will let you know.

Dude said:
That can be arranged. I haven't gotten any 2007 St. George RIS yet, but I will. Anything else I can get here that you can't get there? We have a huge selection of Bell's now, I'd bet you can't get that. I think the Two Hearted is one of the best IPA's I've ever had.

Yea! A good mix of RIS and Two Hearted would be great!
I'll PM you after Turkey Day.

landhoney said:
View attachment 3360

I hate you so much. :p

Seriously, we had a big Fantome tasting last year and I saved the dregs from a full freakin' case of Fantomes and dumped them into a starter. Nothing ever came of it. How you were able to do that is beyond me.

R

I picked up a sixxer assortment of Bell's this evening, I'll stop by St. George's some time this week for some 2007 RIS, and I'll have a package ready to go by next week.

We still on?

I'm still trying to locate the last 3 AASP's. I know of some coming in on Thursday. Have you had the Stone Smoked Porter? Not as good IMHO, but I'd throw one in if you hadn't and I happened on one.

olllllo said:
I'm still trying to locate the last 3 AASP's. I know of some coming in on Thursday. Have you had the Stone Smoked Porter? Not as good IMHO, but I'd throw one in if you hadn't and I happened on one.

I've had it, I can get it here as well. Not too impressed, but it does in a pinch.

Evan! said:
I hate you so much. :p

Seriously, we had a big Fantome tasting last year and I saved the dregs from a full freakin' case of Fantomes and dumped them into a starter. Nothing ever came of it. How you were able to do that is beyond me.

Sorry to hijack olllllo, didn't want to start a new thread.
The starter pictured is rocking away in the Oerbier clone.
The Fantome culture/starter is also going, you just need love Evan!
And my Pedio starter, which seemed to just be piling up on the bottom, frothed and bubbled up a storm when I just gave it a swirl.
If you want to culture Fantome, buy some Noel, it started within hours - I thought it must have been carbonation coming out but its definitely going now(needs to be stepped up now).

Dude. I have you 6 and a box. I'm hoping Cheese gets on the stick and gets the SS names out on Monday. I should have this shipped to you on Weds at the latest.

Dude:
Operation Alderwood is underway.

On a funny note, my wife cracked under the hot lamps at Fed Ex and declared the contents to be Cider. :rolleyes:

She didn't want them to think it was beer....

In some respects that's genius. It makes the shipper deem that it's not alcohol once it's accepted.

Back