The cigar thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was huge into fuente. christmas time i was always scouting my cigar shop for the limited releases. one time i went in and they had anejo's in stock with a buy limit of 5. i knew the one old guy that ran the store well and he let me buy the rest of the box. ended up getting all but three i believe! i used to love comacho slr's but cant seem to find them anymore. padron was another one of my favorites. i have two 1964 maddie's in the humidor now. one store i used to go to (cigars int.) just built a store about 15 minutes away from me, even closer from work, so thats what is edging me back into it.
tom

oh what cigar forum are you on? id like to find one just to help me learn the newer stuff. i used to be on fuente's and cigarbid (cigar int.) forums.

i was huge into fuente. christmas time i was always scouting my cigar shop for the limited releases. one time i went in and they had anejo's in stock with a buy limit of 5. i knew the one old guy that ran the store well and he let me buy the rest of the box. ended up getting all but three i believe! i used to love comacho slr's but cant seem to find them anymore. padron was another one of my favorites. i have two 1964 maddie's in the humidor now. one store i used to go to (cigars int.) just built a store about 15 minutes away from me, even closer from work, so thats what is edging me back into it.
tom

camacho slr's are amazing...

I've been smoking cigars off and on since the late '70s. Lately I've been enjoying 5 Vegas AAA's with coffee and Oliva V's after dinner.

Been smoking and collecting cigars for some time...

Have never had a bad Rocky Patel, and if you are more budget conscious - look for "The Edge" which he manufactures. Good daily smoke.

If you like more variety - Alex Bradley is one of my favorite blenders - some wonderfully spicy cigars and novel designs. And if they are too hot - they generally age very well in a proper humidor.

I am travelling and have 2 RP Vintage 1990 maduros and one RP Vintage 1999 Connecticut in my humidor for tonight and tomorrow!

how are those "nubs" by oliva? been thinking about trying some of them.

some of them are alright, i'm not a big fan though. they are kind of a middle of the road cigar that is good if you like a milder easier going smoke. i like more full bodied cigars. they are worth smoking though.

Back