Cheap and Easy Bottle Cap Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would probably be fine. Avery has some free software that will let you design your labels and print them, which is easier then using a word template. I design mine in photoshop then use the avery program to print them out, works well.

Avery multi use labels #5408. 3/4 inch rounds. Work perfect. They provide a template. Can run four lines of text at a 6 or 7 font size. Around $6 at Staples.

That would probably be fine. Avery has some free software that will let you design your labels and print them, which is easier then using a word template. I design mine in photoshop then use the avery program to print them out, works well.

I just did a page using the Avery site where you can design it online & print it from the site. It is much easier to use than the Word Template.
The only problem that I have is printing the page. I "test print" on plain paper first. when I put the label sheet in the printer, I get a "paper mismatch" error on my printer. I was able to print by sticking the label sheet to a piece of plain paper. Can anyone offer any advice?

parrothead600 said:
I just did a page using the Avery site where you can design it online & print it from the site. It is much easier to use than the Word Template.
The only problem that I have is printing the page. I "test print" on plain paper first. when I put the label sheet in the printer, I get a "paper mismatch" error on my printer. I was able to print by sticking the label sheet to a piece of plain paper. Can anyone offer any advice?

You probably need to set the paper size to the size of the sheets (in the printer dialog). In case you haven't - be sure to remove the other paper first and have only the label sheets in. Some printers also have separate trays for different paper, so kind of depends on your setup. Good luck!

This is what I use for beer labels. I store all my beer upright in crates, so it's really handy to know what I'm reaching for before I grab it. The mead, cider, and apfelwein get the cap labels and small shipping labels. They're a little bigger and look a little better. My wife really likes working with the avery online editor.

Thanks, This is to cool! the other half thinks I'm a beer snob now.

20160622_192626_resized.jpg

Back