bottle carbing questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dusty1025

Reaction score
Is the sugar content of the cider inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to carb up ( I want to bottle it fairly sweet) .

I desperately want to do this but bottle bombs (before i pasteurize) scare the hell outta me. (i know not to pasteurize if they're overcarbed)I've read post where ppl have said it took their brew as little as 9 hours to carb.

I read another post that said a brew was well carbed in the AM and there were 4 bottle bombs before the bottling session at the end of the work day. if 8-10 hours makes that much difference i may not be able to pull it off without some explosions.

i may bottle a little more dry than i initially indended if it will buy me a little wiggle room in the speed of the bottle conditioning. i know temperature will effect the timeframe also.

Head are my concerns as well . I have never made a cider and am going to try one tomorrow

The stuff I read (I have not done this yet either) said to bottle in 12oz bottles and start opening one on the 3rd day to check for carb, when its right go ahead and pasteurize

i'm about to start my first batch, soon as i get a new bottling bucket. hopefully i don't blow anything up

Please read the sticky at the top of the cider page for Pappers instructions on stove top pastuerization. I have used it several times and have had great success. Great carbonation, with not one bottle bomb.

It contains great information and step by step instructions.

Please read the sticky at the top of the cider page for Pappers instructions on stove top pastuerization. I have used it several times and have had great success. Great carbonation, with not one bottle bomb.

It contains great information and step by step instructions.

How soon after you pasteurize them do you drink them? I was concerned that he oasteurizing process might change the flavor.

Latest posts

Back