Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdigi66

Reaction score
I'm geeked...I just bottled a ginger mead that a buddy and I made. We split the batch in two and with one having chai tea and another having a basic english grey tea added and I must say that they both taste amazing. We hit our target gravities dead on and were shocked at how they both taste...the reason for this is our first two batches of beer were pretty much inadequate and we were getting a bit down on ourselves.

Ultimately I just want to say thanks to everyone on here for the input and general info/education that we received leading up to our attempting the mead.

Thanks!

What was your tea to mead ratio? I've got a bunch of honey to play with, and I want to try something with all the girly teas swmbo has around the house.

We ended up putting about 500mL of each tea in the approx. 2.5 gallons of the mead once we split it. It's very subtle but not absent. In retrospect I might have doubled it up and cut back on the ginger.

Back