Where's the leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seasum

Reaction score
I tried the soapy water squirt bottle with one of those 2 or 3 oz. little squirt bottles with no luck. Maybe I'm missing somewhere? Are these bubbles supposed to be large?

We thought we could hear the leak on the gas line or post, and we lost a full 5# tank before the first beer was gone (it was in there for about 3 weeks), but the soap test isn't showing it on the post or line or regulator or lid.

If what was coming out of the keg? Gas? I used the soapy water all over the top of the keg (both posts and lid, and on the gas line).

in addition to soaping the connections, crank up the co2 to like 30+ psi, the whistling sound will help you find the leak, and the bubbles from any soap solution will be bigger and/or shoot out at you.

don't mind the moaning sound your brass makes, it just hates you.

I just had to buy a new poppet after draining an almost full tank.
It's kind of an expensive failure unfortunately.
The new poppet has a replaceable O-ring at the bottom instead of the flat non-replaceable kind. Thats nice. This means somebody somewhere is actually making these soda kegs more reliable/better.

Latest posts

Back