Beginner from SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderPressure

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is Jonny from South Carolina. I started brewing a few months ago, using a basic 5 gallon kit. So far, I've made a Blonde Ale, and a Watermelon Wheat. Both were just basic malt extract ingredients kits. I used a small bottle of fruit extract for the Watermelon flavoring.
I will probably try a partial mash kit for my next brew, but I'm looking for somewhere new to buy my ingredients. I have been using Homebrewers Outpost (www.homebrewers.com). My next brew will be some type of American style beer for some of my friends. Something they will not be afraid to drink. (Any suggestions?)
I also plan to make an Octoberfest style beer, and a Pumpkin Ale to be ready this Fall.

Sounds like you got your next few batches planned out! Awesome.. I never know what I am gonna brew until I wake up and say "I feel like making beer today".. Planning is good.. Get everything you need for the next few batches all at once... check out the recipe section on the forum for some good recipe ideas.. There are lots of lighter beers u can brew that your BMC friends would probably like.. Welcome to the hobby and the addiction..

Welcome to the forum...

None of my friends are afraid to drink any style of beer, but you may want to try brewing a hefeweizen or just a hoppy American pale ale... maybe an IPA?

Welcome!!

Where are you in SC? If you are close to Greenville, Thomas Creek sells homebrewing supplies and is where I get most of my grain and other ingredients. If not, your best bet is www.brewmasterswarehosue.com. They are in Atlanta, which is a pretty quick ship to anywhere in SC.

Welcome!!

Where are you in SC? If you are close to Greenville, Thomas Creek sells homebrewing supplies and is where I get most of my grain and other ingredients. If not, your best bet is www.brewmasterswarehosue.com. They are in Atlanta, which is a pretty quick ship to anywhere in SC.

Your linky is broky! Try Brewmasters Warehouse
Welcome to HBT and the obsession. So.....where in SC are you from?

I live in Charleston. I don't think there's a brewer's store around here. Unless I've missed it. BTW, I've decided to brew a Rye IPA.

Hey, I'm from Charleston too! Grew up on James Island. My family still lives there, but I'm working and living in Greenville now.

I just brewed a Rye IPA this weekend!

Latest posts

Back