Cutthroat Pale Ale - Uinta Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I am going to have to bump this request. I hope someone can chime in. I would love to have a recipe for this beer. I would prefer an AG recipe but I will deal with anything that can be provided.

The page on uinta lists this beer as 34 ibu and 16 srm with a reddish color. Im pretty sure I can taste rye in the beer, but other than that I have no hints as to what the recipe could be.

I emailed the brewery a few days ago but haven't heard back. I mentioned that I would even be grateful for a simple ingredient list if they didn't want to give out detailed recipe facts.

AmIeviL

Ill ask next time i talk to them... Not sure if theyll make the recipe public though.

Ill ask next time i talk to them... Not sure if theyll make the recipe public though.

Does this mean that you know someone who works there or do you just visit the brewery every so often?

recipe or just a simple ingredient list, I'll be grateful for anything.

AmIeviL

I know someone who works there. I'll ask 'em, but I can't guarantee they'll divulge anything.

I've brewed this beer several times as its one of my favorite session beers.(drinking one off the tap right now) I've tried it with several different fermentation tempatures, and a number of yeasts including Bohemian lager.

10 gal. All grain

11# 2-row
4# Munich II
3# carapils/carafoam
4 oz roasted barley

Mash in @ 153-154 for 60 min

60 minute boil

Hop schedule
1oz chinook @ 60
1oz cascade @ 30
1oz cascade @ 15
2oz willamete @ 5 minutes or knock out depending on personal preference.

Yeast suggestions: safe ale 05, German kolsh, and I really enjoyed the bohemian lager yeast I did with this recipe almost a year ago

I usually don't secondary myself with it being so low in gravity it tends to go from keggle to keezer in about three weeks.

Please let me know if anyone brews my version of this recipe and any feedback you may have.

I had this beer when I was in Utah last week & really liked it. Has anybody tried to clone it? They don't distribute it outside of Utah, so I would really like to try & clone the thing. Anyhelp is appreciated.

http://www.uintabrewing.com/beer_cutthoat.html

Outside Utah, it's sold as Angler's. They can't use Cutthroat outside of Utah because Odell registered the trademark before them.

I like Angler's better. It has more flavor because it isn't limited by the State's 4.0% ABV draft beer law.

Back