Mixing up everyday life with brewing life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menschmaschine

Reaction score
Does anyone mix up brewing terms with everyday life words? I work in a construction-related industry and every time I go to describe masonry as being "parge" coated, I always say "sparged".:cross: Shows were my mind is.

It reminds me of the time I went to the Builder's Show in Orlando a few years ago. At the beginning of presentations, presenters would often ask the "audience" to turn off their cell phones or put them on silent/vibrate mode. In one presentation I attended, the female presenter asked everyone (like 100 people) to "turn your vibrators on." There was a pause, then a roar of laughter. Shows where her mind was.;)

I kinda of know what you mean. I'm and engineer and I spend most of my time in the AC office area. Occasionally I walk around the factory where I get to see a miss-use of brewing gear.

They have all of these rubbermaid 10 gallon mash tuns all filled with ice & water.

One machine uses water soluble glue. They mix the glue up an pour it into 1 gallon cornies for dispensing.

Our test lab gets regular deliveries of CO2 bottles for god knows what.

Some poor SOB's office cubical is filled with at least 8-10 empty glass carboys.

Our test lab gets regular deliveries of CO2 bottles for god knows what.
Some poor SOB's office cubical is filled with at least 8-10 empty glass carboys.

Actually I would start looking for the on-site micro-brew set-up. I would start looking at the test lab, maybe a slide away shelf with a false wall behind it? I have to admit, it would reduce people calling in sick. :tank:

Is there such a thing as :off: in this section?

Back