Trying a new thing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
Not sure if this is heresy or not, but...

Where will this go?
DSC_0006.jpg

Right in here....
DSC_0007-1.jpg

Just like this....
DSC_0008-1.jpg

Will post up some pics soon... She be in the smoker at the moment....

:mug:

Here we are about an hour in...
DSC_0001-1.jpg

Threw some red taters coated in olive oil, salt, pepper and italian seasoning in tin foil and threw that in the smoker as well...

If all this fails miserably, I will grill up some steaks in stead...

And after two hours in the smoker...
DSC_0001-2.jpg

Now to let them sit for a few, make up a robust salad and pour a pint, dinner shall be served....

I'v never done it with a nice beer like the Dale's. For whatever reason i have always used like a PBR or Bud. Still tasty.

I've done beer can chicken with PBR lots of times. Always comes out fantastic. Not sure what the difference would be with a pale...I've heard of people using stouts...I thought it was just to keep the chicken moist.

I read in some cooking magazine (Cooks Illustrated?) that it doesn't matter what type of beer you use as the flavor gained from the beer is practically nil, as the steam wont penetrate the meat. I usually just use BMC though maybe a big IIPA or something would lend more flavors.

Yeah I didn't get a whole lot of pale ale flavor... Guess I won't be putting the highfalutin beer next time... Guess I will have to go on the inexpensive next time... However, thanks to trendy sons-of-guns, PBR ain't cheap no more...

Now, who here has taken a sip of that beer after the bird is done?!?

I almost got a drunk friend to do it once, but he new something was up when the can was all slippery.

the times i've made them i open the beer and let it kinda boil out of the can into the chicken. i've never used good beer for it. just fosters or natural light. it's funny how bad tasting beers make some foods taste really good. guess that pungent flavor soaks in better

Pardon my ignorance, but did you shove the open beer can in the chicken hole?

Yep, just shove it right up in there and it will sit on top of it. I did end up making this. It was fantastic...keeps the chicken nice and moist so it just falls off of the bone.

Yesterday, my buddy made split chicken and pork ribs with spices. I'm still hungry thinking about it.

Dude, I'm doing this! I've been meaning to for quite a while now, but I am finally going to do it! Beer Can Chicken!

I like the potatoes idea too. Roasted potatoes on the side. Covered in butter and a bit of Ranch (I'm a ranch fanatic).

Latest posts

Back