Problem getting keg to flow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsherlock22

Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks so much for all the great info. Just kegged and forced carbed by agitating at 30psi for 10 mins. I realized it may not be correctly carbed but any reason why beer won't even flow after purging to get down to 8psi for servingo? I'm lost. Have watched 6 to 10 videos on kegging/force carbing before attempting. I'm stumped. Thanks.

Do you have the gas and liquid connects on the right posts? (gas in, liquid out)

Disconnect the out side on your keg. Then depress the little button in the middle of the connector on the keg. If you have flow there then the problem is in the hose or faucet. If there is no flow then your dip tube is clogged or the out connection. Sometimes you can shoot CO2 down through it and in clog it.

Good luck

i've had to remove the "out" post, then blow out the whole stem with co2, but usually mike's suggestion works to just blast it out with co2. if you hopped in the keg, that'll do it

Hey guys. Thanks so much for all the great info. Just kegged and forced carbed by agitating at 30psi for 10 mins. I realized it may not be correctly carbed but any reason why beer won't even flow after purging to get down to 8psi for servingo? I'm lost. Have watched 6 to 10 videos on kegging/force carbing before attempting. I'm stumped. Thanks.

Even totally flat beer will flow - if the keg seals, the plumbing is proper (correct QDs on the right posts, gas flowing to the In post and a working faucet of some sort hooked up to the Out post) and the keg tubes aren't plugged up (did you dry hop with whole hops, by any chance?)

Make sure the correct QDs are actually seated down on the posts (there's a fairly evident "snap" when you get them down all the way) and you don't have the gas QD connected to the Out post ;) Next is to make sure you actually have gas flowing to the In post(check you valves, etc).

Once you get to that point you can do a quicky test without anything connected to the Out post by briefly pushing the Out post poppet down just enough to get a dribble (fair warning: if you go much further prepare for a beer shower! :D ) and if you do get a bit of beer dribbling out, hook up the beer QD and see if you get something out of your faucet...

Cheers!

plugged beer lines or faucet bad. next, bleed pressure off the keg, then disconnect the beer line from the faucet. reapply psi, for a second, and see if beer flows. if not, plugged beer line. if so, plugged (or bad ) faucet

Thanks guys. Sucked down half of it in celebration. First one ever brewed. And it tastes real nice! Thanks again.

image-415064697.jpg

I was having the same problem. Sanitizer had flowed through the keg fine. Then I siphoned a batch of IPA I had been dry hopping with 2 oz. of hops into it and no flow! Found this post and blew it out with the CO2 hooked up to the beer side and Viola! I have beer. Thanks.

Back