Dry-Hopping an Ordinary Bitter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaybrewingco

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am going to be brewing my first All-Grain batch this weekend, pretty stoked...

I created a nice recipe for an ordinary bitter. I am going to be using 3 oz of Goldings during the 90min boil (60/30/1min).. I was wondering if anyone has dry hopped a bitter and how it turned out? I was debating on dry hopping with Goldings.. yay/ney?

Yeah, definitely. I do it all the time, though not for too long lest the hop aroma mask all the malt. I brew a special bitter that is dry hopped with goldings, turns out superb every time. If u want to see the recipe, just look in recipes under my name.

Yeah, definitely. I do it all the time, though not for too long lest the hop aroma mask all the malt. I brew a special bitter that is dry hopped with goldings, turns out superb every time. If u want to see the recipe, just look in recipes under my name.

I'm making a 5 gallon batch, what would be a good amount to dry hop? I was thinking 1 oz of whole leaf goldings. I don't want it to be too much.

Back