new kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delweaver

Reaction score
I'm new to homebrew so quick question about dispensing beer I finished my upright fridge to kegerator conversion about three hours ago after finishing right away I tried to pour a pint and all I got was a glass full of foam I went back and checked my settings and everything seemed fine but all i got was foam my psi is set at 9-10 oh yeah its a quarter keg of Bud Light temp. unknown anybody got any ideas

How long has the beer been cooled for? You say temp unknown, maybe it just needs a chance to chill. How long is the beer line hose? Both of those can affect the foaminess of beer.

5' is about 1/2 as long as it should be, and it'll take a few days to chill and stabilize a big keg.
You'll need to drop your pressure to about 7 or 8 psi, and it'll be fine.

There's an EXCELLENT article about balancing your kegging system at:
Draft system line balancing

I think it's listed in the kegging faq as well, but I ran across it elsewhere. It'll help you find the right pressure, length of line, etc to match your system.

Latest posts

Back