Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one night some friends & I were having some beers. I, of course, was drinking Tactical Nuclear Penguin & Utopias. one of my friends was slurping down a BMC product of some kind. probably something light. I asked him how he could stand to drink that recycled watered down horse urine, from a can no less! get this, his reply: "I like the way this tastes."

can you imagine! what an oafish moron! I told him that if he's not drinking something he doesn't like, then he's living his life all wrong. I got up, took my real beer, and I left. I haven't talked to him or anyone one else that associates with him since. I won't stoop so low.

annnnnd... scene.

one night some friends & I were having some beers. I, of course, was drinking Tactical Nuclear Penguin & Utopias. one of my friends was slurping down a BMC product of some kind. probably something light. I asked him how he could stand to drink that recycled watered down horse urine, from a can no less! get this, his reply: "I like the way this tastes."

can you imagine! what an oafish moron! I told him that if he's not drinking something he doesn't like, then he's living his life all wrong. I got up, took my real beer, and I left. I haven't talked to him or anyone one else that associates with him since. I won't stoop so low.

annnnnd... scene.

WOW

talk about crude, so you do not associate by choice of beer
how about color of skin?

I'm thoroughly in agreement with the "drink what you like, don't be a tool" theory... but I do shake my head sometimes. I look at drinking BMC (regularly and to the exclusion of other beers) the same way I look at listening to country music. Sure, partaking in either of these activities is well within one's rights, doesnt make them a terrible person and isnt an indicator of their overall character... BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS PINK AND MOIST WHY?!?!

I'm thoroughly in agreement with the "drink what you like, don't be a tool" theory... but I do shake my head sometimes. I look at drinking BMC (regularly and to the exclusion of other beers) the same way I look at listening to country music. Sure, partaking in either of these activities is well within one's rights, doesnt make them a terrible person and isnt an indicator of their overall character... BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS PINK AND MOIST WHY?!?!

My thoughts exactly. :rockin:

I compare it more to taking a trip to New Orleans and people wanting to eat at Bubba Gump. They have edible food, but there's so much better all around.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Not all things pink and moist are loveable...

Went to BJs and the bud light drinker in the group tried all the beers I got and had the same opinion, "nice nose, but I wouldn't drink that"

*squinting "Quit starin' at my nose pal and drink the @#$%n' beer."

WOW

talk about crude, so you do not associate by choice of beer
how about color of skin?

I only discriminate based on age, race, sex, race, intelligence, race, religion, race, personal taste, race, country of origin, race, hair color, race, place of employment, race, sexual orientation, race, eye color, race, shoe size, race, and the way a person pronounces Willamette.

and by "race", I mean NASCAR.

I only discriminate based on age, race, sex, race, intelligence, race, religion, race, personal taste, race, country of origin, race, hair color, race, place of employment, race, sexual orientation, race, eye color, race, shoe size, race, and the way a person pronounces Willamette.

You forgot breast size and a** lumpiness

I am good with just using intelligence and being a fan of NASCAR :mug:

Ah, that's where the pave hawk that came down in January was based wasn't it? Tragic accident that.

Nice part of the world though.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yeah, one of the pilots was a fellow brewer.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Home Brew mobile app

At a local place that has a pretty good beer selection. I asked the waiter what the Ale Syndicate Sunday Session is like. He said, "It's an ale... well, yeah..." No further description came forth, so I ordered the Bell's Harry Magill's spiced stout, which was great. No harm, no foul.

You remind me of my father. He didn't discriminate at all though. He hated everyone.

Can't the media find people who drink beer to write articles about beer? It's no wonder the general public still thinks anything darker than Budweiser is an ale (and therefore heavy and undrinkable).

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/picky-americans-snub-domestic-light-105307612.html

“There will always be a place for ‘Big Lager’ as it’s more drinkable in the sense that one can have many lagers but only a few dark beers,” says Euromonitor International analyst Edward Hsyeh. “The dark beers are heavy in body, so there can only be so much ‘share of the stomach’ they possess.”

Volume sales of lager—a lighter style of beer—have fallen every year since 2009 except 2012

I drink MANY lagers vs huge ales like Guinness. Mostly because I like to pee a lot.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Pfft, I only drink Guinness 'cuz it's soooo heavy and it stretches my stomach out. Then I go do professional eating challenges and get my meals for free. I'm having a 12-egg omelet with pancakes and a pound of bacon for breakfast as we speak. Booyah.

Sounds like an episode of Man vs Food I saw once! If I was on a long road trip,I could eat that much. Speaking of that,I always thought it'd be cool to map out a trip with the mvf & tripleD spots marked for places to stop.

Sounds like an episode of Man vs Food I saw once! If I was on a long road trip,I could eat that much. Speaking of that,I always thought it'd be cool to map out a trip with the mvf & tripleD spots marked for places to stop.

Haha, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of. I think 10 years ago I could have dominated some of those challenges, but probably not anymore. I'd probably have better luck with the spicy food challenges, as long as I had a private restroom nearby to deal with the inevitable conclusion. :drunk:

Yeah,I've gotten to the age where I can't eat like a horse as I used to. I like hot stuff,but later it's "FIRE IN THE HOOOOLE!"...:drunk:

The restaurants that he hit in Columbus are great. We hit Thurman's about every other month and Schmitts is probably my favorite restaurant of all time. Nothing like sausages and German beer all up in yo mouf. The Ohio Deli is just ok. The Dagwood challenge was easy.

The restaurants that he hit in Columbus are great. We hit Thurman's about every other month and Schmitts is probably my favorite restaurant of all time. Nothing like sausages and German beer all up in yo mouf. The Ohio Deli is just ok. The Dagwood challenge was easy.

I hit up Schmidt's a couple years ago while visiting some friends at OSU. Very good food.

...Aaaaand, thread successfully derailed again. :off: :ban:

Back