WOw, i made a rookie error, please help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickyLopez

Reaction score
so, i took apart my corny keg so i can sterilze it..i took out all the posts, etc.

well, i just learned that there is a "gas in" post, and a "liquid out" post, identfied by the ridges on the nuts...

so, i have my "gas in" post on the "out" hole, as i was force carbonating my beer...and it went beautifully...i have a 5 gallon keg of carbonated beer.... BUT!!!!! i still have the posts in the wrong holes!!!! If I unscrew them to swap em, there will be a giant mess of beer all over the place...since it is freshly carbonated...

my remedy was to simply swap the ball locks...using the "gas one" on the picnic hose end, and the beer one over on the gas.... that way the proper "in" and "out" would correspond accordingly... but im not sure if this would be wise???? please help!

exhaust the pressure thru the releif valve, then swap posts, then re-pressurize.

Back