Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Manilla Road, much better than their last...

:rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to include this just for novelty. Being a geek and a WoW vet, the now

Anyone unfamiliar with the game, the band does actually appear in game and performs at a few inns.

Some more pretty generic DM that sounds remarkably like most other DM bands around nowadays. It's not really bad, just really unremarkable. Is it just me or has DM really declined over the past few years? If not for bands like Horrendous, The Forsaken and Pictured the genre would be pretty much dead, at least to me.

Hey guys,

I have a Carvin BX500 Head (BASS) I bought less than a year ago and when I play super low notes it crackles. I switched cables and changed the battery in my bass. The head has a tube built in preamp. Any experience with this kind of issue?

Could it be a bad tube?

Hey guys,

I have a Carvin BX500 Head (BASS) I bought less than a year ago and when I play super low notes it crackles. I switched cables and changed the battery in my bass. The head has a tube built in preamp. Any experience with this kind of issue?

Could it be a bad tube?

Yes, first just swap that 12AX7A.
We ought to start a gear thread.

:mug:

Don't listen to much metal made after 1990 these days, although my friend gave me a few of his old Agalloch cd's and their stuff is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of their vocal style, although the music is superb.

I think posting this classic is appropriate, given the winter storm of the same name. Far more fitting than a cartoon fish, I think.

Some pretty decent Swedish BM, much better than their last effort...

New Fanisk!!!!!!!

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Oh man! This new Fintroll record is absolutely awesome!!

:rockin:

This record is really growing on me, I know it's early but this may be a serious contender for record of the year 2013...

New Omnium Gatherum sucks just like the old Omnium Gatherum does..

Finntroll always makes me kinda sad. Cause I love their instrumentals....just the screaming, the growling......can't do it. Cannot get into that. I do make an exception for "Under Berget's Rot"

Finntroll always makes me kinda sad. Cause I love their instrumentals....just the screaming, the growling......can't do it. Cannot get into that. I do make an exception for "Under Berget's Rot"

Yeah, I never really got into BM style vocals when I was younger but bands like Bathory and Mayhem really started to grow on me as I got into the music more. I will say that I believe it is definitely an acquired taste unless you're just into it for the wrong reasons to begin with.

I'm on the same page.
I can enjoy the music, just the forced vocals leave me cold.
I guess it was the same with early metal when Dad used to say "They are good, but all that screaming is awful".
That was when I was listening to a lot of Judas Priest, Maiden...etc.
Which I still do.

Exactly how I feel, a small amount is okay, but I can't stand it for a whole song.

Wow. You just turned me on to these guys. F'n killer man

For sure! Some buddies tried to get me to go to one of their shows. By the time I realized how awesome they are it was sold out. :(

Pandroa doesn't seem too hip on Death Metal.:(

I used to like some "Boil the corpse" when doing dishes.

I will check out some of the suggestions here. Does spotify or Grooveshark do better with metal?

cheezydemon3 said:
Pandroa doesn't seem too hip on Death Metal.:(

I used to like some "Boil the corpse" when doing dishes.

I will check out some of the suggestions here. Does spotify or Grooveshark do better with metal?

LastFM does a pretty good job

Just gonna throw this out there...

2 songs that have come on the radio recently that are certainly a little mainstream, but to me seem to have the energy and anger of the death metal that I like.

Metallica - For whom the Bell Tolls

Think back past all of the *****ey *****ey crap that these morons have cranked out since the black album. This song is a thing of beauty.

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the name

The anger and energy are balanced nicely with heavy but funky guitars and strong beats. I can't help but dig it.

I am definitely anti top 40 BTW, these songs have poved their worth in my book.

Back