Framboise Update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_Club

Reaction score
Just racked my lambic onto 1 can (49 oz.) of Oregon Raspberry Puree and 1 can (96 oz.) of Raspberry Fruit Wine Base. It had sat in the primary for 9 months and now it's now back in the basement for another 9+ months of aging on the raspberries.

One question I do have, although I have lots of time to search for an answer: Since this will have aged for so long by the time I get around to bottling, the yeast will pretty much all have dropped out. Should I add a packet of dry yeast during bottling, or do I rely on the bacteria to create the carbonation?

A packet of yeast at bottle time will help, but I made a framboise a few years ago with Wyeast 3728. It aged between primary and secondary for 2 years. Come bottle time, I didn't add any yeast and it carbed just fine. I let it sit another year in the bottles, which helped.

Back