I just bought an extract kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JNye

Reaction score
i love AG. but I got busy. I was able to brew this past Sunday(house APA) but I wouldn't be able to brew again for a few weeks and my pipline needs some "boosting"...Picked up Caribou Slobber from NB...I should be able to fit that in one day after work no problem...i feel ashamed and dirty.

I buy an extract kit occasionally for the same reason; they are quick to make and taste pretty good too.

I still have a roasted brown ale I try to keep on hand that is an extract recipe. I love it. Sometimes I use s-04 last time us-05. This time I will go back to s-04.
The only problem I have while brewing an extract recipe these days is it is sooooo boring!

I got to the point where I was trying to mini-mash every extract batch I did and it really wasn't that much more time when I went all-grain. Sure, I run around like a fool after lighting the burner under the strike water, what with grinding grain and assembling the MLT, but after dough in it really feels just like my extract brew day as I usually scheduled an afternoon for brewing anyway.

Maybe I should do another batch with all extract and no steeping to bring things back into perspective.

Don't sweat it. I was an every other weekend AG brewer last year but have only brewed 2-3 AG batches this year. Been too busy! I found that I can do two Extract batches in the same amount of time as one AG. I did that once so far and both beers turned out fantastic. Planning another one later this fall.

You gotta do whatcha gotta do!

Back