length of kegerator tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabumbo

Reaction score
so currently i have my kegerator in my basement. the goal is to place a tap on the outside of the house in the back yard. i would estimate that this is about 20-30 feet.

is this even possible?

i mean, would the tubing hold up? would it foam too much/little? would it require some enormous amount of extra gas? would it be easier/better to just build a separate container out back?

i would estimate that this is about 20-30 feet.

How much vertical rise?

You could probably use 1/4" tubing and be OK, but if you got us specifics we could say for sure.

Another thought you should be having is 'how do I cool 20-30ft of line?"

i guess the rise would be dependent on how much i am willing to bend over to get my beer!

i'd say its about 8 feet up to what would be the porch floor, so something upwards of 12-14 feet?

i will try and get a better, more accurate measurement after work tomorrow.

i guess the rise would be dependent on how much i am willing to bend over to get my beer!

i'd say its about 8 feet up to what would be the porch floor, so something upwards of 12-14 feet?

i will try and get a better, more accurate measurement after work tomorrow.

It's all good, and I know this might be a little tedious, but here is a page that will list all of the equations you need to figure out to find what resistance there will be on your tap. In order to pour a good beer, your carbonation level for the beer inside the keg (psi on your regulator) should be around the resistance created by the line. When in doubt, err on the side of too much resistance created by the line.

https://www.kegman.net/balance.html

is this even possible?
i mean, would the tubing hold up?
would it foam too much/little?
would it require some enormous amount of extra gas?
would it be easier/better to just build a separate container out back?

Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes

Cooling the line is the real problem.

Back