under carbonated beer - how to fix this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanT

Reaction score
I just popped open my first beer out of a batch of tripel I made. The taste was right on the money. However, the carbonation was very very weak. I think it was due to the fact that I did a 40* secondary which dropped most of my yeast and I probably didn't re-incorporate enough of it at bottling time. However, I know there was yeast in there during my bottle conditioning, because the bottle had some yeast at the bottom.

primary - 30 days
secondary - 30 days at 40*
bottle conditioning - 30 days at room temp

how do I get these things more carbonated? Do I turn each of them upside down and shake them to get the yeast back into suspension? Do I have to open each one, put them all back into a 5 gal bucket, and start over again with more yeast and more priming sugar and 3 more weeks? Thanks everyone.

I have a belgian golden strong (1.090 Original grav) that at 2.5 months is only now starting to carb up...your triple is a high grav beer, it's gonna need more time. Just roll them gently on a table top to re-rouse the yeast (you don't need to shake) and put them away, they will carb up eventually....

but the higher the grav, the longer it needs to carb and conditions....

Back