Website help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
I am writing a website in adobe dreamweaver and can not figure out how to do a mouse over drop down menu. I am not sure exactly what it is called so what I am looking to do is have a pseudo hyperlink that when you mouse over then another list of multiple hyperlinks drop down that you can click on. Anyone know how to go about doing this?

There are a lot of ways to do a dropdown, some are easy, some aren't.

If his method doesn't work, let me know. I don't have the link on this computer, but i can find you a link to an easy way of doing it that involves unordered lists and a small amount of java script. The other nice thing is that they are CSS driven so very easy to customize. MUCH easier than spry i found.

Yeah donner, when you get a chance could you send me the link. That other link was for a different version of dreamweaver and I couldnt figure out what to do different. I have cs3 if that makes a difference for what you have. Thanks

Yeah donner, when you get a chance could you send me the link. That other link was for a different version of dreamweaver and I couldnt figure out what to do different. I have cs3 if that makes a difference for what you have. Thanks

I have cs3, but this really isn't a dreamweaver specific thing. I've used this on several sites and, though it's probably not standard, it does seem to work well in all browsers for me. Seriously, PM me if you need any help with it. Playing with the css takes a while, but once you get it it's easy to customize.

Javascript Dropdown

I am just starting to learn CSS but i am starting to catch on. Things have changed ALOT since the last time I did a website about 10 years ago and just used frontpage.

i like it because i don't like having to go in and re-edit graphics all the time to change things. I've got a client who can't make up his mind about what to call one section of his site. CSS allows me to change the name of the section in the php page and the css does the formatting for each page throughout the site. Much easier than going in and editing graphics each time the guy changes his mind.

Keep playing and you'll get it. The biggest problem i had was trying to figure out how to divide each drop down menu using borders. Well, that wasn't hard, the hard part was being anal about the fact that the boxes on the edges had borders too and i didn't want that. I was able to fix it by making the side boxes their own .css code. It will make more sense once you play with it some, but again, i'm glad to help if you need it.

you can visit one site i did here, although the navigation is a bit dull, graphically speaking, but you'll get a sense of what you can do with it from what the tutorial shows you.

Thats pretty nice. I am actually doning one for a construction company too. I think I got a little over my head with this.

You can handle it, you just have to figure out what does what and then you'll be able to come up with some amazing stuff. Are these buttons proving easier to manage than other ones you've tried?

Back