Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am coveting some rice hulls from a non-payee. :) The body isn't even cold and I am rifling through the remains.

same here, I am not looking to pick up a lot. However, I might take a sack of MO or some hops. Would there be a way to post up what hasn't been paid for on the website and people can try and pick up those items.

This is my first buy so I apologize in advance but what is the normal timeframe given for people to post payment? Sometimes there is a waiting period to transfer cash and we have only had the opportunity to pay for a few days. Are we being too hard on those that haven't paid yet ??!

Nope, when it comes time to throw spent grain balls at them; I'm going to shove rocks in mine, like I do with my snow balls. JK,,, All kidding aside in this day and age, no one in this buy should come up MIA.

This is my first buy so I apologize in advance but what is the normal timeframe given for people to post payment? Sometimes there is a waiting period to transfer cash and we have only had the opportunity to pay for a few days. Are we being too hard on those that haven't paid yet ??!

John I'm mostly just playing....a week or two is about typical...this one was incredibly fast. But I am ready with my dog-doo snow cones and I'm bringin Nanook.

ok, there's a person by the name of rdom who has not responded to my emails regarding payment. He ordered half a sack of pale so it's a small amount. If I don't hear back from him/her by tomorrow evening then someone can buy it.

ok, there's a person by the name of rdom who has not responded to my emails regarding payment. He ordered half a sack of pale so it's a small amount. If I don't hear back from him/her by tomorrow evening then someone can buy it.

Three days is all it took to collect over 13 grand from over 70 people...This is definitely the work of the experience of 6 other group buys run by Bill, but I think that Ghoti's systems work has kept us all engaged enough to be attentive in our participation. That is just fantastic work by them , and by all of the participants for doing our parts and having fun with it along the way!

JonGrafto said:

I was also kidding. I've participated on a few group buys through Bill using Ghoti's site and this one was smooth. However, I still wants some rice hulls... :p

Who wants rdom's 27.5# of pale malt? His order is all the way at the bottom of the spreadsheet. He didn't really want it but was playing around in the database and accidentally ordered it without realizing.

image-4202594908.jpg

Kicking back with a Hopslam and a goose island night stalker

Damn, my hands hurt...bending a 4 feet by 2 foot condensate hood out of some alucobond. 2 side panels and a vent hole to go...shiny....

ForumRunner_20130223_201639.png

ForumRunner_20130223_201546.jpg

I'll take another when its done and installed....picked up a 800 cfm inline fan for it.. Oops that's my neopolitan waiting to go fishing.

I'll take another when its done and installed....picked up a 800 cfm inline fan for it.. Oops that's my neopolitan waiting to go fishing.

I like his fishing hat.

Did you use a brake to bend that?

No, I wish... clamps and 1x's offset, hence the sore hands. I relief scored the backside with the rotozip and a burr to keep the bend dead on.

I was going to say, you got some bends there.

That is a nice hood. Mine is a regular range hood with an extra fan venting 1 foot away out a window.

I'll have to chat with ya about it... I recently bought that 11 foot dbl basin sink it has shelf supports that are 44in o.c., I'm removing or rather replacing the shelf on one side with this hood, way bigger than required but upside is more surface area for condensation. It will have a gutter on 3 edges and a drain drop direct to the sink.

I am working to pick up a 12' 3 basin with left and right drain boards. Found it for $250.

Great price...yes mine has 2-24x24 basins with two sideboards..and shelves. 250 is a deal pick it up..are you keggle? Or other? The triple I almost picked up wouldn't fit my blichmans without popping the valves off, this is no sweat.

Nah...its not that big when you start consolidating your yeast propagation, conditioning, sanitation, brewing.. 12' length is big to move into most residential places, mine barely fit..I had my sawzall ready..,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back