no more bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheat King

Reaction score
yo what up fellas

ive been on this board for awhile, and ive done about 7 batches to date. i KNOW this question has been answered before but i just havent found the appropriate thread in my research. and ive seen a lot of 'i hate n00b questions' threads out lately o_O so i hesitate to ask, but here it goes anyway.

brewed a pumpkin ale on thursday, got some bubbling in the airlock sometime friday evening through saturday evening, but by sunday morning the bubbling had stopped. ive never had a batch with such a short airlock activity period. i didnt take a hydrometer reading, since im a bit lazy and never had a problem in the past. how do i know if its alright to move it to the secondary already? i can wait, if need be, but since this is a 'holiday' beer the earlier i can drink it / gift it the better.

thanks. i love you. i love you all.

Take Hydrometer readings at 24 hour intervals. If your Gravity isn't going down, Like DeathBrewer said, leave it in the Primary for at least a week no matter what.

get the hydrometer out. (You should've seen that response coming, and should know by now from all those 'noob posts' that airlock activity doesn't mean anything without a hydrometer reading to back it up)

Back