Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dbals said:
Done, I'll bring several vials (1st generation). I stepped it up twice from the frozen state and pitched it in a 1.064 clone of Tank 7 https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/bucket-7-a-304121/ was down to 0.998 on day 7. Would love some 1056! How does 3787 compare to WLP500? Thinking of making an Abbey Ale soon.

3787 allegedly originates from westmalle, I use in my dubbel
500 allegedly originates from chimay in use in tripels
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Both have forward phenolics, and really throw if you ferm warmer mid 70s.

The 1056 I have is in an active starter right now, I can run another liter up in some DME for the next 2 days..I saw metric has some 1056 slants I see if you don't want to deal with it active.

Neopol- would you be willing to part with some 3787?

Metric- would you be willing to part with some 1056?

Not that it is dire in any sense- just thinking of the future! I'll be bringing 4 tubes of 3711 at ~ 1 billion per tube and have a few more that are ~800 million.

Dan B.

dbals said:

Not that it is dire in any sense- just thinking of the future! I'll be bringing 4 tubes of 3711 at ~ 1 billion per tube and have a few more that are ~800 million.

Dan B.

Yes no problem. I'll happily take the smallest, i'll culture it up.

Dan B.

Yep, I'll bring a slant of 1056. This was from my first attempt at making slants, but I think they turned out OK.

Dan B.

I have one extra jar of 3787 if you want it.

Bill that would be great then there is no timing coordination issues... I am more than happy to return your 2 jars with 3787 in them..

I will plan on being there around 9am on Saturday as well. I can help split the cascade if it hasn't been done yet.

I can handle it Saturday morning.

Edit: I can Friday night. Wife just informed me I need to be home all day Saturday.

:mug: It's been a cluster**** of a week running up to this trip, last minute problems were not something I could easily adjust for.

Magnum was split and sealed into vacusuck bags. Please cross yourself off the box when you grab yours so we know who's left.

The tf&s cII is labeled in boxes by the skid.

I left my neighbors vacusealer at bills and an a partial roll of bags if anyone else wants to seal up their other hop splits.

heferly said:
Bill, what times are you around tomorrow?

I have two people coming in tomorrow during the day. One at 11 and one at noon. If you can make it around then that would be great. Plus you get to meet your fellow home brewers.

dbals said:
Cough, cough..... Yeast Bank Project. I got some 3711 French Saison frozen in glycerin ~1 billion per tube so you have to step it up a couple times.
I just made a second round (with the frozen yeast) of a saison with a FG of 0.998 and it is tasty. Will be by Bill's Saturday Morning.

Just saying,
Dan B.

If you have any yeast your willing to give I would love a slant of the sasion.

I can probably swing that, have a mash tun to work on in the AM, so should work out

Homebrewfrank, I do not see your third of grain.

Wagz, can you check your inventory? There were a LOT of splits going on and maybe Frank's stash got mixed up with yours. I don't know what happened to it.

Edit: I meant wagz

I'm planning to get down there and pick up my grain/hops saturday morning around 10am. There's an off chance (or maybe not so off) that my very pregnant wife will go into labor before then so I might have to delay the pickup a few days, if so I'll let you know. Needless to say she's making the trip with me just in case. This is definitely her greatest show of support yet for my homebrewing!

Bill,

I will plan to come down Saturday morning. You may have already posted your time schedule, however I just want to check if 9:30am is ok?

Mark

hot427cobra said:
Bill,

I will plan to come down Saturday morning. You may have already posted your time schedule, however I just want to check if 9:30am is ok?

Mark

That's fine.

Homebrewfrank, I do not see your third of grain.

Wagz, can you check your inventory? There were a LOT of splits going on and maybe Frank's stash got mixed up with yours. I don't know what happened to it.

Edit: I meant wagz

All of mine was in the buckets I brought, and was accounted for with Neopol.
We didn't start my splits until Frank was completed.

bmason1623 said:
Frank, I have no idea what happened to your grain.

Lol...dont sweat it Bill, lesson learned on my part, and i trust wherever it is, its making a homebrewer happy!!! :0) thank you, Neopol, and Wagz for the extra efforts in looking!!!

I have found a hop supplier that is willing to offer us both spot and contract sales. I will start a hop buy thread after this current buy is complete and I have submitted the supplier the preliminary information. Keep in mind that supplies run out quickly so certain varieties may be currently out. Start thinking about your hop orders.

You rock brother! I'll try to push on the farm guys about the mini bales of domestic leaf and see if we can't coordinate all of our options. I see a weigh, bag and tag hops, beer sampling day in the groups future.

I'm still game for the NZ Nelson Sauvin and NZ Pacific Jade, and some domestic C varieties.

bmason1623 said:
Let's start pick ups at 9:30 am today. Thanks.

I was hoping for 9:00-kids have a soccer tourney at 10:00. I will have to come by afterwards then, probably around 12:30 or so. See you then.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this Bill.

If ylpaul is on his game, we should be out there around 12:30. Bill, I know that you've been sitting on some FFF beers for me for a few days on top of the grains and magnum hops. I appreciate your patience.

Should have read this before I left. I am in the back until 9:30

ThirstT said:
If ylpaul is on his game, we should be out there around 12:30. Bill, I know that you've been sitting on some FFF beers for me for a few days on top of the grains and magnum hops. I appreciate your patience.

Paul says he is picking up for someone but didn't fill out a spreadsheet. I'm sure we can work it out upon arrival, but thought a heads up would be in order

No? I had one split with urbanmyth, but noone is picking up my grain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back