anyone else as not excited for tonight's game as i?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't agree more. I was hoping for anybody but these two teams in the Superbowl. The only good thing was that I heard Vegas was really going to get hit hard if NY won. I thought I had heard somewhere that with a couple of weeks left in the regular season, Vegas set NY at 50:1 to win the Superbowl, and a bunch of people jumped on the bet.

the Patriots play in Foxboro, which is actually farther from Boston than Jersey (at least the part where the Giants play) is from New York. Just saying.

i believe the idea of the thread was that none really cared. just saying' :p

besides that, it was like watching a f'n rerun. even the amazing catch at the end by a Giants' receiver to keep them alive and eventually win. you'd think with the last Giants-Pats super bawl being such a recent memory, they at least could've written a new script. i really think that each and every year brings the NFL closer to an American Idol for sports fans. hopefully next season's championship will be a little better put together than yesterday's..... that was a pretty sad game. even the World Junior Championships (hockey) was more exciting than that game. :mug:

Wow - Neilsen ratings put it at 111.3 million viewers and a 71 share, making it the most-watched event in television history.

Wow - Neilsen ratings put it at 111.3 million viewers and a 71 share, making it the most-watched event in television history.

And rightly so, dammit. Enough of this Super Bowl bashing!

(Although I should point out, that it is not close to the MASH finale for % of pop.)

thats how gullible 111 million americans are, they will spend 4 hours watching garbage just cause everyone else is.
What a bunch of crap.

I didn't watch a single second of it. I didn't even know who was playing in it until my friend started talking about it the next day.

thats how gullible 111 million americans are, they will spend 4 hours watching garbage just cause everyone else is.
What a bunch of crap.

that's kinda what i was thinking. :mug:

or maybe they enjoyed it, just like they enjoy american idol. it's either the majority of the population is that gullible, or the majority of the population really enjoys mindless drivel. i'm still trying to figure that one out. :confused:

Back