Premier Cuvee in Apfewein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick

Reaction score
LHBS guy recommended this over Montrachet, anyone ever try it? Says it will do higher alcohol and finish dryer.

The only way its going to give you higher alcohol is to finish dryer and I'm not sure why anyone would want that in an Apfelwine.

Was there a crack pipe on the counter?

I used Premier Cuvee in my last Apfelwein because the LHBS was out of Montrachet. It finished VERY dry compared to Montrachet. It was OK, but I have a packet of Montrachet ready for my next batch.

I prefer Cuvee over Montrachet, and that's what we are currently using on our aplewien batch. However, hubby got these flavors for his hef, but something went horribly wrong, so now we are going to use the flavors on the aplewien.

I just shared this with my husband (this is his first wine), and he responded, "It's going to finish dry anyway." I got to thinking - Cuvee is one that finishes and doesn't get stuck.

I just shared this with my husband (this is his first wine), and he responded, "It's going to finish dry anyway." I got to thinking - Cuvee is one that finishes and doesn't get stuck.

10-4, that's what my LHBS gave me. It finished in about 5 minutes. ;)

I haven't tried Premier Cuvee' but tried a batch using Cotes de Balnc. I was not satisfied with the flavor it gave me. But I really do like the flavor I get from Montrachet.

Latest posts

Back