This is why you dont dump beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SporkD2

Reaction score
Thought for sure I screwed this one by adding too much roasted barely. It was dark dark purple three weeks ago and didnt taste very good. Well three weeks later it is a very dark red and tastes incredible. I will prolly let this one age for a bit to get more roasty flavor to drop out! I sure am glad I let this one have some time!

http://webpages.charter.net/sporkd2/BrewDay/

How much did you use? I have been experimenting with batchs and I do love the "slap from your momma" from 1/2 lbs of roasted barely - but it takes over a month of conditioning before it's something I would serve to anyone else.
For a less than extreme beer I find 2-4 ounces is just fine.

My recipe called for 2 oz, I had a barley crusher accident where some of my specialty grain spilled out of the top. I guessed about how much RB i lost, i guess I used 6oz or so of roasted barley.

Ohh yea - just give it some time. It may not be what you planned but it will have some "FLAVOUR FLAVE" to it.
It will be a great brew to drink with steaks that just don't match your expectations, a few sips of this brew and they will taste great, along with anything else.

Back