CO2 cylinders?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose5

Reaction score
Where to get? I was in my local Airgas today and thought to ask. They want 140 for a new unfilled 10 lbs aluminum tank. Seems a bit steep.

Second question. Any of you have trouble getting your cyclinders filled after purchased off the internet?

airgas is probably more expensive than, say, harbor freight. many online brew shops sell them for less than that price too. my LHBS fills a 5lb tank for $14.

Check with all your local CO2 suppliers first.

I used to have a place close by that would fill cylinders at a good price. They moved 30 miles away.

Now the best deal is a cylinder swap at $20.00 for a 20 lb tank. You might be able to pick up a used tank from craigslist and get it hydrotested for less than the $140.00.

I just bought a 20 lbs. full at Airgas for 145.00. $19.50 to exchange, plus $4.40 hazmat fee.

as long as your hydrotest date on the cylinder is up to date, any gas supplier will fill it.

check craigslist for cheap used cylinders.

http://www.bvrgelements.com/index.php also has some decent prices.

Wow those are some great prices. Thanks for that link. Plus, they clearly state their cylinders have been tested. Who here has saved a few bucks and went with the reconditioned steel cylinders?

Back