Success Story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robh1111975

Reaction score
Well, my first kegging experience was fantastic! Carbed perfect, tasted excellent (american plain ale). I ment to take photos, but hosting got the best of me I guess.
I tapped the keg yesterday afternoon. It took a few to glasses to get the pouring pressure just right, but was perfect! I had about 12 people over and we finished up the whole batch! (Perfect outdoor weather in St. Louis last night.)
I had some large styrofoam coolers that I modified into a double-high so I could stick the keg right down the middle. I had been stocking up ice (2 litter soda botles, and gallon zip locks). The block ice along with the 3 bags of cubes I got from the store kept it nice and cold!
Time for another corney and a gas spliter!

lol i just ordered two more!!! (i need the space since im using one for a lager tank ;) ) well thats the excuse i gave the wife

you may want to look into a kegerator of sorts. it will get annoying pretty quickly if you have to use a lot of ice for each time you want a beer.

with that said, it sounds like your first experience went very well! congrats.

Back