"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically Disc Golf courses discourage glass bottles on the course. That severely limits your choices of beer. I typically go with Coors Original of Light; depends on how the day is going. It's pretty cheap, is easy to drink, and gets the job done with 2 sixers of tall boys over 2 rounds. It also is the only thing available when I go home to visit family... I'm working on that with my dad...

Usually disc golf calls for Canadian canned beer but hey what do I know. I just scored a geneesee heritage Collection cream ale, 12 horses, and beer. Ha they actually call it gennesse beer f-in hilarious.

Prolly local to y'all but it's a little taste of home here

just threw some disc today in the snow. Luckily for me, The Alchemist Cannery is on the way. Nothin better than a fresh 4-pack of Heady Topper Dipa to sip while huckin'.

just threw some disc today in the snow. Luckily for me, The Alchemist Cannery is on the way. Nothin better than a fresh 4-pack of Heady Topper Dipa to sip while huckin'.

i'm with you man.... all the craft brews being canned now, gotta have some nice brews on the course. :mug: that said, 24 oz PBR cans fit perfectly into the can holders on either end of my bag. :rockin:

Dude, I just got back from a trip to your state and brought home a 4pk from the cannery. HOLY CRAP, hands down one of the top 10 beers I've ever had! As a matter of fact, I'm going to get one right now to be my nightcap.

Coming from Pennsylvania I was raised on Yeungling and PBR, and will always go back to them in a pinch. Yeungling for me growing up was just the most fantastic thing in the world, and will never forget the taste.

1st beer that I ever refereed to it by the type of beer. Yeah, I'll take a Lager.

Shower beer was amazing in the college dorms! That and a bit of grizzly dip. Nothing like a good, clean buzz (pun intended).

You're talking my language here. I'm guilty of an occasional shower beer, and with a dip, so much the better!

I killed plenty of Keystone Light in the shower during college. Miss it. I think I'm gonna start drinking beer while taking a shower again.

Growing up, the Ole'man (who hails from Pittsburgh) always had some Rolling Rock around. He'd let me 'indulge' in one sometimes when Mom wasn't around... I still enjoy one every now and then... more of a nostalgic thing I guess

As a New Orleanian, cheap, watery beer like High Life or Bud Light are mainstays at crawfish boils and Mardi Gras because you can buy a bunch for everyone for a low price. That, and, only up until this year, our local breweries weren't canning yet.

Even still, this past Mardi Gras, I bought a suitcase of High Life and enjoyed every bit of it, especially in the neutral ground (median) in a torrential downpour.

sirgeoph said:
As a New Orleanian, cheap, watery beer like High Life or Bud Light are mainstays at crawfish boils and Mardi Gras because you can buy a bunch for everyone for a low price. That, and, only up until this year, our local breweries weren't canning yet.

Even still, this past Mardi Gras, I bought a suitcase of High Life and enjoyed every bit of it, especially in the neutral ground (median) in a torrential downpour.

Crawfish Bol = awesome
Crawfish boil with highlife = evening more amazing!!

Your post has motivated me to do a shrimp boil for my fantasy baseball draft party in a few weeks, thank you.

Except I got a ton of homebrew ready to go, no high life but I still give props to the champagne of beers for what it is.

Crawfish Bol = awesome
Crawfish boil with highlife = evening more amazing!!

Your post has motivated me to do a shrimp boil for my fantasy baseball draft party in a few weeks, thank you.

haha, awesome! There's nothing like boiling some seafood and putting back a few beers.

Due to certain US laws I grew up a baseball fan first and a beer fan second. Now that I've been drinking craft beers for several years I have a hard time drinking the BMC when I'm around the house, however, put me at a Braves game with salted peanuts, a hot dog, and a cold Budweiser and I couldn't be happier.

I also take an annual camping trip with some college buddies. Despite the fact that we all enjoy and can afford better booze than we were imbibing 10 years ago, we always still come equipped with Miller High Life and Evan Williams. We've never talked about it, or talked about changing it -- it's just the way it is.

Context matters.

Had many 2 and 3 beer showers while in the Army. Drank Blatz cause it was cheap and I was poor.:mug:

Barry

Back