Keezer finally done!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
DSC00576.JPG

DSC00582.JPG

I finally finished my keezer..well I have a co2 distributer coming and a drip tray as well but other than that it is finally done. I used 2 by 8 so I could fit an extra 2 kegs on the hump. I put the co2 outside the freezer with 2 lines running in one for different pressures. i atached the temp controller to the side ad ran the line in from the left side.
DSC00578.JPG

I used a cherry stain for the wood..
DSC00581.JPG

All foreward seal faucets with 3.5 inch shanks..homemade taps to come
DSC00580.JPG

On Tap..Lake Walk Pale Ale, Apfelwine, HobGoblin and soon to keg my house stout..:mug:

Jay

kal said:
Looks great! Good job hiding the screws in the 2x8's as well!

Kal
Thanks, I plan on adding a bit more stain to cover them a bit more..but I am happy with how they looked..I thought about using 45 degree angle cuts but figured this would be the most stable..it is very strong and wont budge..

J

Great work, Jay! I finished building my keezer today as well . . . and my name is also Jay. What are the chances? No beer being served yet here though, my first two are chilling down over night to be force carbed tomorrow.

Your carpentry skills are far superior to mine, kudos! I decided to make a taller than average collar (1 x 10) so that I can fit cornies "on the hump". This made using hardwoods a bit costly so I went with pine. So with a softwood collar, I opted to paint instead of stain. I figure at some point I can hide my crappy work with some moulding or get a picture painted on the thing.

Pictures of my project are here

Cheers!

Nice, I just got my tap tower today and soon will be joining the kegging revolution.

turned out nice jay. Collar looks really clean. I scored the 7cf GE off craigs list, 1 year old for $100- so when I get back from Vacation, I'll be pressed to put mine together too. Will look pretty similar, but I think I'm going to put my taps on the opposite side. I ended up getting the Love temp controller, just seemed nice to flush mount it to the collar.

All in all, I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

Enjoy it!:mug:
Dave

Beischer said:
turned out nice jay. Collar looks really clean. I scored the 7cf GE off craigs list, 1 year old for $100- so when I get back from Vacation, I'll be pressed to put mine together too. Will look pretty similar, but I think I'm going to put my taps on the opposite side. I ended up getting the Love temp controller, just seemed nice to flush mount it to the collar.

All in all, I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

Enjoy it!:mug:
Dave
Thanks..used 2 x 8 and three deck wood screws on each end..than I sanded it down very smooth and stained..I used a ton of silicone and let it sit over night before I atached the lid..4 way co2 should arrive Friday..so I will be all done except my drip tray.still need to get one

Jay

EdWort said:
Nicely Done! I like the tap handles up higher for taller people too.

I actually would have put them even higher but thought it would look a bit funny..I'm 6 ft 3 so I could even raise the whole chest freezer a foot..it would also keep the kids from taking a few pulls:)

J

YooperBrew said:
Very nice! I am really impressed on how professional that looks. Great job!

Wow thanks..I thought it looked nice..Im happy with it..

I think all I need now to complete would be 4 sweet home made tap handels..:mug:

j

discgolfin said:
Thanks, I plan on adding a bit more stain to cover them a bit more..but I am happy with how they looked..I thought about using 45 degree angle cuts but figured this would be the most stable..it is very strong and wont budge..

J

I did mitred cuts for my 1x6 collar and if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't. Unless you get the mitre exactly right - which is hard with wood that isn't perfect and a mitre saw that isn't perfect - the mitres end being a little rough and it's not quite as stable.

looks nice!

how did you attach the collar to the freezer?

i'm planning to install a collar on my freezer, but was envisioning fastening it to the lid since it's not safe to drill into the freezer. but removing the seal might be a pain.

oysterhead said:
looks nice!

how did you attach the collar to the freezer?

i'm planning to install a collar on my freezer, but was envisioning fastening it to the lid since it's not safe to drill into the freezer. but removing the seal might be a pain.

lots of silicone..puts cases of beer on it as it cured

Jay

Looks nice! I went with a black collar to offset the SS flanges I got for the taps and to match the handles.

Latest posts

Back