What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a fake mannequin hand or are you a vampire!? :D Holy schnikies If you ever open a brewery it should be called pale hands :drunk:

Sounds like a good beer enjoy :mug:

My 12.5% barrel aged beer loving fair skinned lady friend may have man hands, but her ivory cans are beyond mannequin size so I look past it. My hands look like leather, one on the camera and one doing inappropriate things under the table. jsyk

Affligem Blond. The guy at the specialty beer store suggest it, along with several others. Spent way too much in there last night.

Pretty good beer.

Ranger creek small batch 5

ForumRunner_20130929_203712.jpg

NIZZLE said:
How is it dose it taste like poop? :-D

Yes, but in a good way. ;)
It's very good. This is probably the thickest stout I've ever had. It's a shame this isn't available here, I would pick one of these up weekly. :D

My Bitter. Couldn't get a working stream past the first couple minutes of Breaking Bad (overloaded servers and such). I should be able to find one tomorrow. I hope.

WesleyS said:
Sometimes you just gotta say what the fook. :D

I've enjoyed the kopi luwak beers I've had, but after De Struisse posted this, i won't be drinking any in the future.

TNGabe said:
I've enjoyed the kopi luwak beers I've had, but after De Struisse posted this, i won't be drinking any in the future.

This is what Mikkeller says about the coffee they use.
BEER GEEK BRUNCH WEASEL
« Next / Previous »
September 19, 2013 / General Info

With the last days talk (http://korturl.dk/6b3) about crual treatment of Kopi Luwak producing civets it is important for us to say this:
We do not use Kopi Luwak from Indonesia in Beer Geek brunch Weasel. We use the Vietnamese variety cà phê Chồn.

We have been aware since we started using cà phê Chồn in 2008 that not all civet coffee world wide is produced with the best care and respect of the cats. Therefor we searched for and found one supplier of cà phê Chồn that treats the animals with respect and dignity.

This is a link to our producer, whom we have been in close contact with since we started working with them: http://choncoffee.com/

We use cà phê Chồn mainly or it’s special flavour (no bitterness) that complients the beer greatly. With that said we might look into using a natural enzyme simulated version in the future.

This is what Mikkeller says about the coffee they use.

I actually posted the wrong article, but the gist is the same. Good to know Mikkeller thinks the producer is humane, but if that's the case, I wonder why he's considering switching?

Totes said:
My 12.5% barrel aged beer loving fair skinned lady friend may have man hands, but her ivory cans are beyond mannequin size so I look past it. My hands look like leather, one on the camera and one doing inappropriate things under the table. jsyk

Haha nice man. Wasn't saying the hand was particularly feminine or masculine. Just very light skinned all in good fun. Hope no offense was taken. Hope you guys had a good time. Cheers man.

TNGabe said:
I actually posted the wrong article, but the gist is the same. Good to know Mikkeller thinks the producer is humane, but if that's the case, I wonder why he's considering switching?

Maybe so they don't have to defend themselves and their source every time this subject comes to light.

Been awhile since I've really posted here or at all on HBT, phone and computer acting really whacky. Great new beers have traveled to my local shops including Green Flash stuff, Jolly Pumpkin and Ballast Point.

Having one of these to relax after work.

ForumRunner_20130929_225608.png

Swarley88 said:
Been awhile since I've really posted here or at all on HBT, phone and computer acting really whacky. Great new beers have traveled to my local shops including Green Flash stuff, Jolly Pumpkin and Ballast Point.

Welcome back. Great beer on tap. Never had it bottled before.

Leadgolem said:
True. It would also be interesting to know if what they got was actually kopi luwak. 50 times the amount produced is reported as being sold.

If it was just Joe Blow buying kopi luwak, then there's probably a good chance of getting deceived. I would like to think a brewmaster would make sure of the quality of his ingredients. Hell, some brewers travel all over the world to check out where their ingredients come from.
Of course, I wouldn't personally want to be the one to go watch an animal **** out coffee beans to make sure I'm getting the "good" stuff. ;)

Swarley88 said:

Good to see you posting again, man. I've actually never had that beer before. I've had it in my hand, but just never bought it.

Maybe so they don't have to defend themselves and their source every time this subject comes to light.

Yeah, the lame 'hey these Vietnamese guys say they're on the up and up' excuse must get old. ;)

Good to see you posting again, man. I've actually never had that beer before. I've had it in my hand, but just never bought it.

First time having it tonight. I also had it in my hand before but never got it. Its an ok beer, I think a lot of what you are paying for is the bottle though. Which is fair enough. I think Bookers Bourbon is needed next though.

TNGabe said:
Yeah, the lame 'hey these Vietnamese guys say they're on the up and up' excuse must get old. ;)

Idk. I don't care. I can't taste the difference between coffee pooped out in good conditions or coffee pooped out in cruel conditions. Everyone is so quick to take the poor little civets' side. Maybe those little bastards deserve it. :p

If it was just Joe Blow buying kopi luwak, then there's probably a good chance of getting deceived. I would like to think a brewmaster would make sure of the quality of his ingredients. Hell, some brewers travel all over the world to check out where their ingredients come from.
Of course, I wouldn't personally want to be the one to go watch an animal **** out coffee beans to make sure I'm getting the "good" stuff. ;)
This made me giggle, well done. :D Then again, I can't remember how many of these 20 oz glasses of rum and root beer I've had...

Swarley88 said:
First time having it tonight. I also had it in my hand before but never got it. Its an ok beer, I think a lot of what you are paying for is the bottle though. Which is fair enough. I think Bookers Bourbon is needed next though.
Yeah, I'll probably continue to pass it up unless I'm out of other options.
I'm out of bourbon for the first time in years. I need to pick some up.

Leadgolem said:
This made me giggle, well done. :D Then again, I can't remember how many of these 20 oz glasses of rum and root beer I've had...

It's not a good night until you can't remember how many you've had. ;)

Idk. I don't care. I can't taste the difference between coffee pooped out in good conditions or coffee pooped out in cruel conditions. Everyone is so quick to take the poor little civets' side. Maybe those little bastards deserve it. :p

Its because its a cute animal. If it were a spider or something no one would give a f#ck

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Its because its a cute animal. If it were a spider or something no one would give a f#ck

Spider poop coffee? I think we're on to something here. Lets get this thing going. Who else wants in? Billion dollar idea, GUARANTEED!

Spider poop coffee? I think we're on to something here. Lets get this thing going. Who else wants in? Billion dollar idea, GUARANTEED!

what kind of spider are we talkin'?

edit: I'm on the coffee. and not the fancy poop kitty coffee.

Back