I did not fear the foam!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
Just kegged my Oktoberfest, and for the first time, I did not fear the (StarSan) foam. Though, to be honest, I did try to minimize the foam in the first place by not shaking the hell out of my keg while sanitizing it. I took more of a gentle "rolling the keg back and forth on the kitchen floor" approach.

I purged the sanitizer from the keg with CO2, let it settle for a little while, then purged again. Very little foam left, but the important thing is that I did not rinse my no-rinse sanitizer and racked right into the keg.

I feel like I've graduated or done something spectacularly life-changing.

I'm sure it's not a big deal to some, but having been "raised" in homebrewing with using bleach as a sanitizer, not rinsing is a big deal to me. :cross:

-Steve

Great first step! Now you can move on to making the largest foam snake possible. When filling your keg, don't mess with the foam coming out the top, and see how high you can get it to go!

Back