not enough primer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fightingswede

Reaction score
Ok, I really f*&^%ed this up. I bottled last night and, to make a long story short, only about 1/3 or so of the 5 oz. of corn syrup mix got into the beer. Will this give me even close to enough carbonation? Or, should I pull the caps off before anything really gets going and drop a carbonation tab or two in them? I planning to just wait about 10 days and if it doesn't have any carbonation to speak off, I'll just go the tab route as if nothing ever happened. This is a wit beer, fermented 3 weeks with Wyeast Forbidden Fruit yeast. The final gravity is 1.014. Thanks!

Well, what level of carbonation were you expecting from the 5oz? 1/3 of that level is what your going to end up with. :D

Well, it sure won't be really fizzy like a wheat is supposed to be (around 3 volumes of CO2). You will probably end up with 1.5 volumes or less, which will probably make a thin ring of bubbles at the top when you pour it.

Back