My new kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarshyTheKid

Reaction score
For graduation and my birthday I got a kegerator kit, which I have been trying to budget in for a while now. I had a counterhigh mini fridge that I wanted to use it with and I thought it would fit. Once I got the kit, I tried putting the kegs in and they wouldn't fit at all. So I started shopping around.
I hit the motherload a few days ago! I found a Vinotemp 60 bottle wine cooler for dirt cheap, so I snatched it up.

Holes are drilled! I had to go buy a hole drill bit for 25 bucks, but the teeth ended up just chipping off, so I had to do it by hand.
n59401313_30960050_4920289.jpg

The(almost) final product! I am still looking around for some nice tap handles I like, then I need to get a drain and get it all spiffy looking. But all in all I am happy with it.
n59401313_30960052_3623560.jpg

Here is a picture of the older model of wine cooler. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51S95P5DAML._SS500_.jpg
Mine has a digital readout above the door that ranges from 40 degrees to 65. Once I clean up my apartment more, I'll post better pictures. I'm just excited so I thought I would share. Right now it is unplugged so I can let the beer age for a few weeks.

Just found your thread as I'm looking at a 58 bottle Vinotemp on CL right now...did you end up getting everything set up the way you wanted? Have you had any problems with the unit?

Thanks!

odp

Just found your thread as I'm looking at a 58 bottle Vinotemp on CL right now...did you end up getting everything set up the way you wanted? Have you had any problems with the unit?

Thanks!

odp

I see that Sears sells the 58 bottle unit on the computer, I have a few questions about it.
Will Corny's fit on the hump inside and above the compressor and how many Corny's can it hold?
What is the distance from in front of the hump to the door when it's closed in inches, same with the top of the hump to the top inside the cooler?
What are the internal dimensions as they list outside dimensions only which kind of sucks unless a road trip to Sears is needed? They are not in stock or floor models in my area is why i'm asking.
We were thinking a thin clear plastic sheet with a picture over the door glass glowing in the dark with LED back lighting as an idea with a glass door cooler.
Thanks in advance.

Back