home brew supply shops in......NJ!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been having real good experiences with the Grape and Granary in Akron, OH. They sell online too. Whenever I visit my sister in Kent, OH, I stop by and stock up on supplies, save on shipping since I'm driving out there anyway. I have yet to check out Keystone Brewing just into PA off of 78. Been hearing good things.

I live in Millburn NJ (Essex County).
Here is the Gaslight Brewery / U-Brew price list.

http://www.gaslightbrewery.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/U-Brew-Price-Catalogue.pdf

Their price seem ok, but they don't have a huge selection, and are open by appointment.

I am meaning to join the Brewing club.
I'm kind of annoyed - I signed up for the email list and went there in person, expressing interest, fille dout a form - and never got a notice.

NJHopz is still accepting members! Our main group meets in Hackettstown, kind of far for you. Our more eastern members meet in Boonton off of I-287 north of 80, the NJHopz "east" boys! I've bought stuff from gaslight before, mainly yeast. The Wyeast smack packs have always been fresh. I like the Grape and Granary mini-mash kits. Good instructions and really good results with 2 of their brews so far (Steam Beer and Dry Irish Stout).

i've visited gaslight to pick up wyeast packs. I called in ahead to see if they had what i was looking for and surprisingly it was waiting for me for me in the fridge.

Don't be surprised when you get to gaslight and find that it's a bar and not a stand alone LHBS . You have to go in and mention UBREW to whoever attends to you.

the older gentleman that took care of me told me that his son is the brewer there and mentioned whatever i need just to give them a call.

i live in ny but was staying at my girls place in clifton during that time. This was the closest place where i could get "emergency" yeast for the batch i made that weekend.

if you are REALLY UP north jersey, i would suggest takin a trip to ny. brooklyn homebrew for your grains and supplies.

Yeah N
BK homebrew will be my next stop, as a bag of grains broke in my trunk. It's everywhere. Was hoping there'd be a shop closer, Rockland county NY is real close.

Can someone point me to the folder (or whatever its called, group) that is titled something like "New Jersey" brewers.

There are some sub groups somewhere I cant seem to find

Hello everyone, this is my first post and also my first question of many to come ;),

I happened to stumble upon a very cool vintage Brass faucet, but now i cant find a barbed tail piece that will go with it, the shank is 3/4" wide and the thread is 7/8, i have scoured lowes and home depot and the only thing the guy at Home depot offered was a hose for a toilet and other 2 pieces just so i could use it, now all was fine until he handed me the toilet hose, i simply left, i have searched for a tail piece so i can connect the hose but no luck, can anyone show me the way?

also when using a Co2 4 way distributor and a 7lbs Co2 tank, should I get the distributor with or without the safety valve?

Brohlijk, you may want to re-post in the applicable thread, something like "kegging equipment". This thread is for homebrew shops in NJ.

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Princeton Homebrew in Trenton is worth a visit. Always stocked and fresh, decent prices. Joe, the owner, is a great guy and always willing to help.

I second this comment. It's where I go when I don't mail order.

Check us out, if your are from the North Jersey, Southern NY, or anywhere in the Hudson Valley. We are Mistucky Creek Homebrew and Wine Making Supply. We are located @ 331 Rt. 94 S, in Warwick, NY 10990. Check out our website, www.mistuckycreek.com, or give us a call @ 845-988-HOPS.

Cheers,

Lloyd

I thought I had previously mentioned it in this thread but I guess not... For anybody in the Morris County/Sussex County vicinity there is a fairly new shop that opened up in Sparta. North Jersey Homebrew on Route 15, located where 15 becomes one lane right next door to the infamous Bagel Station. They have a decent stock, will get whatever you need quickly, and are really nice guys. :mug:

Check us out, if your are from the North Jersey, Southern NY, or anywhere in the Hudson Valley. We are Mistucky Creek Homebrew and Wine Making Supply. We are located @ 331 Rt. 94 S, in Warwick, NY 10990. Check out our website, www.mistuckycreek.com, or give us a call @ 845-988-HOPS.

Cheers,

Lloyd

A buddy of mine was at your store on Thursday taking some pictures for our blog. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it up with him but he had nothing but good things to say - I'm looking forward to checking out his pictures and making my way into the store sooner than later! :mug:

Come see us in Warwick, NY for all of your homebrew and wine making needs. We opened this year, and are doing our best to have everything you need. If we don't have it we will get it asap. Check us out @ www.mistuckycreek.com or on Facebook under Mistucky Creek Homebrew & Wine Making Supply.

MistuckyCreek, thanks for the info, my wife is from Florida, NY and I often visit up there. I'll be sure to drop by next time I"m in town.

Hopefully this isn't too much of a thread dumpster dive... figured I'd add my thoughts to an existing thread.

I've read a lot of negative comments about Corrado's, so I had to see for myself. I'm still a newb, and wanted to check out some equipment and ingredients first hand.

Just visited Corrado's Winemaking and Home Brewing Center in Clifton, NJ just before Thanksgiving 2011. They certainly were stocked up nicely on homebrew equipment. Their yeast refrig was good and full as well, and had all the familiar strains everyone talks about on here. For whatever reason, they also had A WHOLE MESS OF GIFT BASKETS FULL OF EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, AND THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!!!

Aside from that, they had the usual 10ft lengths of different tubes, and fittings, and connections. Didn't know if the "small", "medium", or "large", drilled stopper would fit in my carboy... I chose small and got lucky. They had a bunch of different sanitizers, but no Star San. They had bottles, caps, bottle drier racks, and other bottling equipment.

As far as ingredients go, I don't do all grain yet so didn't pay huge attention, but it seemed they were stocked up fairly well on a lot of the specialty type grains (1lb, 4lb bags), different add-in flavors, other add-ins, etc., along with 1lb and 4lb bags of corn sugar, lots of different types of malt extracts,etc... but I didn't see where I could buy in bulk??? maybe I missed it. Their hops packets were also plentiful.

So, if you know what you want, and are in a hurry, they likely have it, or so it seems... but it's North NJ so it comes with the North NJ tax (read: it just costs more here). Just don't look for Star San, or bulk grain... but again, maybe I missed that part. Oh, and the 90 year old fellow stocking extract kits was very nice in a very slow kind of way, and the guy running the show smoked a little too much of that illegal brand of hops that day, if you know what I mean. At least he remembered to give me the screen to the funnel I bought. :)

edit: poor spelling

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has stopped in and supported our new adventure. I am very excited about our progress. We have doubled our inventory every month, for the past 3 months. We now have 10 different base malts for sale by the pound and by the 55 lb. bag, and over 40 specialty grains. We stock 20+ styles of liquid White Labs yeast strains, as well as 12 different dry yeasts. As always we would be happy to mill your grains free of charge, wether you bought them here or not!! We have added several new products to our shelves including brew pots, Party Pig draft systems, a brewing hardware selection and much more!! Mistucky Creek also offers beginners homebrew classes, as well as classes on mini mash, and all grain brewing. We have also begun a gift registry. Stop in, email, or give us a call, and let us know what you need/want in brewing supplies along with your name, and we will keep it on an index card. Then when it's time to buy you a gift for any occasion, send your family/friends here and we will let them know what you would like!! Our wine making supplies and kits have grown as well, thanks to our local wine makers!! So stop in and pick up what you need, or just say hello. Our goal for our first year in business is, to be the most well stocked, and helpful homebrew supply store in our area. Future goals include a brew on premises set up and setting up our website for online sales!!

Thanks again,

Lloyd VanDuzer
Mistucky Creek Co
Homebrew and Wine Making Supplies
331 Route 94 South
Warwick, NY 10990
845-988-HOPS(4677)
www.mistuckycreek.com

Lloyd, sounds like you have the passion I like to see in a LHBS! Making me look forward to visiting my wife's relatives, lol. And best of all, I like to hear from the owners on this forum.

Hopefully this isn't too much of a thread dumpster dive... figured I'd add my thoughts to an existing thread.

I've read a lot of negative comments about Corrado's, so I had to see for myself. I'm still a newb, and wanted to check out some equipment and ingredients first hand.

Just visited Corrado's Winemaking and Home Brewing Center in Clifton, NJ just before Thanksgiving 2011. They certainly were stocked up nicely on homebrew equipment. Their yeast refrig was good and full as well, and had all the familiar strains everyone talks about on here. For whatever reason, they also had A WHOLE MESS OF GIFT BASKETS FULL OF EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, AND THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!!!

Aside from that, they had the usual 10ft lengths of different tubes, and fittings, and connections. Didn't know if the "small", "medium", or "large", drilled stopper would fit in my carboy... I chose small and got lucky. They had a bunch of different sanitizers, but no Star San. They had bottles, caps, bottle drier racks, and other bottling equipment.

As far as ingredients go, I don't do all grain yet so didn't pay huge attention, but it seemed they were stocked up fairly well on a lot of the specialty type grains (1lb, 4lb bags), different add-in flavors, other add-ins, etc., along with 1lb and 4lb bags of corn sugar, lots of different types of malt extracts,etc... but I didn't see where I could buy in bulk??? maybe I missed it. Their hops packets were also plentiful.

So, if you know what you want, and are in a hurry, they likely have it, or so it seems... but it's North NJ so it comes with the North NJ tax (read: it just costs more here). Just don't look for Star San, or bulk grain... but again, maybe I missed that part. Oh, and the 90 year old fellow stocking extract kits was very nice in a very slow kind of way, and the guy running the show smoked a little too much of that illegal brand of hops that day, if you know what I mean. At least he remembered to give me the screen to the funnel I bought. :)

edit: poor spelling

Keep going there and you'll see what everyone is talking about. It's a big let down. They'll stock a bunch of stuff but then wont restock on an item until they are ready to do one giant order or until enough people complain about the item being out of stock. To me that is just saying you do not care about your customers.

I was at Mistucky this weekend and was amazed by all the stuff I saw. It's exactly as if one of us opened a brew shop because thats what Lloyd is. One of us. The guy brews awesome beer realizes that there is more than one way to brew and really takes care of his customers.

Keep going there and you'll see what everyone is talking about. It's a big let down. They'll stock a bunch of stuff but then wont restock on an item until they are ready to do one giant order or until enough people complain about the item being out of stock. To me that is just saying you do not care about your customers.

Very new to the home brew scene, and live near Corrados. My wife got me a AG kit for Christmas and I went in for some little supplies the next day. Did not check out the grains, etc as I was just there for some brewing supplies. Most of the shelves were empty. Could be that it was the day after Christmas. For now I plan on ordering online and only going there for something in an emergency.

Very new to the home brew scene, and live near Corrados. My wife got me a AG kit for Christmas and I went in for some little supplies the next day. Did not check out the grains, etc as I was just there for some brewing supplies. Most of the shelves were empty. Could be that it was the day after Christmas. For now I plan on ordering online and only going there for something in an emergency.

If you live near then it's worth going in there before ordering online to see if you can save on shipping.

I went in there for star san and they were out!!!!

WTF.....

What I do now is I make a trip to Mistucky Creek over in Warwick, NY and get what I need for the next 3 brews. I buy the 50 lbs sack of 2row and make fewer trips.

I really like that place they are homebrewers selling to homebrewers unlike corrodes.

Also Mistucky has a brew club I intend on going to their meeting on the 10th.

This way I get my supplies and learn something new.

If you live near then it's worth going in there before ordering online to see if you can save on shipping.

I went in there for star san and they were out!!!!

WTF.....

What I do now is I make a trip to Mistucky Creek over in Warwick, NY and get what I need for the next 3 brews. I buy the 50 lbs sack of 2row and make fewer trips.

I really like that place they are homebrewers selling to homebrewers unlike corrodes.

Also Mistucky has a brew club I intend on going to their meeting on the 10th.

This way I get my supplies and learn something new.

Thanks for the advice. Right now just starting out, but will wait to see how crazy I go with the hobby. With the new tolls on the parkway + gas I am not sure its cheaper to drive anywhere now :)

I really like Love2brew. I've been there twice and they are very nice and knowledgeable. I was able to get a bottle of the East Coast Yeast for my ESB. Can't wait to try it.

Cask and Kettle shop might be close to you. Its over in Boonton. I've been there twice and it's got pretty good prices and the people who work there are chill.

I know it isn't an LHBS, but if you are in Bergen county and in a serious bind, the Whole Foods in Paramus has enough to get you through. They have small amounts of grains, starsan, small selection of basic yeasts (US-05 included), small selection of hops and some other basic accoutrements. Prices aren't low, but they're not ridiculously high either.

I wouldn't count on it as my primary store by any means, but I did suggest to the store manager that they host a hombrew club there. It is obvious from them even having the supplies they do that they have a very motivated staff and/or knowlegeable clientele. Their beer selection ain't half bad, either.

For those of us who live in Bergen County and work in the city, it can be very difficult to get home and then get to one of the club meetings in central Jersey.

I'd love a homebrew club out of whole foods. I agree that they probably can get you through a brewday when you are missing something. They might not have exactly what you need, but if you are willing to adjust your plan a little you can probably get by.

Im sure its mentioned in here somewhere.
But cask and kettle in boonton is pretty nice. Its not my LHBS But I was there once.

I know it isn't an LHBS, but if you are in Bergen county and in a serious bind, the Whole Foods in Paramus has enough to get you through. They have small amounts of grains, starsan, small selection of basic yeasts (US-05 included), small selection of hops and some other basic accoutrements. Prices aren't low, but they're not ridiculously high either.

I wouldn't count on it as my primary store by any means, but I did suggest to the store manager that they host a hombrew club there. It is obvious from them even having the supplies they do that they have a very motivated staff and/or knowlegeable clientele. Their beer selection ain't half bad, either.

For those of us who live in Bergen County and work in the city, it can be very difficult to get home and then get to one of the club meetings in central Jersey.

Nice - I'm in Bergen and getting to the point where I feel like I should open my own supply place since there is no real competition within an hour of here!

We just opened a Homebrew Shoppe in Keyport, NJ. We're at exit 117 off the Garden State Parkway. Only 15 Minutes from Staten Island, NY as well.

The Homebrew Shoppe at Keyport Hobbies
14 West Front Street
Keyport, NJ 07735
(732) 858-1137
www.keyporthobbies.com

We currently have all the basics in stock, equipment kits, ingredient kits, dry malt, liquid malt extract, hops, yeasts, bottles, bottling equipment, carboys, brew pots, etc. We are bringing in kegs and kegging equipment in the next couple of weeks, and will then be expanding more on the whole grain setups after that.

Hello -

I realize im very late to this post but i STILL have this problem. Im told there is a good place jsut over the Tapanzee bridge - im curious if any of you have found good alternatives. I shop at Corados for beer and wine supplies but dont get a warm and fuzzy there and have had mixed results

Thanks
@njwineandbeer

Hello -

I realize im very late to this post but i STILL have this problem. Im told there is a good place jsut over the Tapanzee bridge - im curious if any of you have found good alternatives. I shop at Corados for beer and wine supplies but dont get a warm and fuzzy there and have had mixed results

Thanks
@njwineandbeer

Corrode's have been out of yeast for a month now. How ridiculous is that?
They just dont give a crap about their customers

Back