Ideas? Looking to start All-Grain 10 gallon batch setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jugheadbrew

Reaction score
Great forum, lots of great information and experience hangs out here!

I have been doing extract brews about 1.5 years and am finally ready to move up to AG. I have been amassing equipment in anticipation of this and just need some advice on which equipment to put to what use.

I want to be able to start off doing 10 gallon batches (with potential for some high gravity) right away. It is also important to me to put the equipment I already have to the most efficient use possible.....if that means spending a few bucks to get the most bang, I'm fine with it. So without further ado, here is what I have:

1 - 10 Gallon polarware brewpot with spigot and thermometer
1 - Converted 15.5G keggle with spigot, but no false bottom or anything
2 - unconverted 15.5G kegs
1 - outdoor turkey fryer burner

So which pieces to use for what with consideration for brewing 10+gallon all-grain brews? I am thinking about doing a 70-QT Coleman cooler MLT and just using the 10G polarware as a HLT and the converted keggle as boil kettle. What do you think?

Help me Brew Kenobi. You're my only hope. :fro:

jughead

Polarware HLT, Keggle boil kettle, acquire a 60qt +- cooler mash tun and add a braid. Use the remaining sankeys for fermenters.

Hah, I eread your post and see that is the route your considering:mug:

I don't you'll be happy with the Turkey Fryer, they just don't have enough juice.
I have a Turkey Fryer and a Bayou Classic and the Bayou is a ton faster to heat water and boil. I was using the Turkey Burner to heat strike and sparge water, and with a big batch I was lucky to get the sparge water up to temp even with a 60 minute mash. In fact I'm getting a second bayou hopefully this week to remedy this.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_33_415&products_id=11030

Back