first batch winner!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemishot

Reaction score
New to the adventures of home brewing, and had a success! I started with the Irish Stout ( Brewers Best), followed directions,the best I could, now we have beer. I thought I messed it up because when I transfered it to the carboy, the siphon tube moved up and was splashing around alot. I had it in the Primary for 7 days, then the carboy for 2 weeks then to bottles. I drank my first bottle yesterday. Had it in the fridge for a week, and couldn't wait any longer. I did put a six pack in back of the pantry and will let it set for 6 months to see what happens.

I have German Altebier Ale in the carboy right now, so we will shoot for two for two.

congrats!

I brought a few bottles of the first porter I made to a company thing at lunch today and it was gone so fast I couldn't believe it. People were asking me for more. Even my boss who isn't really a beer drinker liked it!

Congrats.

It's really cool to end up with something that is so good, isn't it? I haven't had a bad batch yet. Some were a little better than others, but none were bad.

Back