Brown ale gravity problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moraija

Reaction score
This is only my second batch and I tried looking through the threads to find a similar case but found nothing to what's happening so here it is,

My beginning gravity 1.042 after 1 weeks it was only at 1.030 there was minimal bubbling but if I slightly pushed in the cover there was pressure so I left it another week, reading was 1.021 so I gave it another week and it the same, airlock has had no pressure in it, should I or can I pitch another yeast or what, house temps are cold though so thats why I've waited it out. Any suggestions!

55-60 house temp, I put it over a heat vent so that it warms it up when the heat kicks on so it reads 62-64

Might want to try the ghetto rig of puting a cardboard box over the fermenter and heater vent. Give the fermenter a gentle swirl too. Getting an ale yeast restarted is a pain as it is. You really want to get closer to 70 degrees to help it out.

Back