Tried my first brew tonight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeTaps

Reaction score
After only 10 days carbonating, a fellow homebrewer (the guy who got me into the hobby) came over and we cracked open two 22oz bottles.

FRIGGIN AMAZING! Best ale I've ever had. I love this stuff.

Here's a pic of the Blonde Ale:
(p.s., the beer is much more clear in person. Lighting wasn't good and it looks really cloudy in the pic)

BlondeAleDrinking.jpg

Congrats, a fine looking ale it is. Here is to many more to follow.

Cheers.....:mug:

Look out, he's hooked! Glad to hear your first time was a success.
Here's to many empty bottles, and a wonderful new hobby!

Good lookin' beer!

Congrats. I'm amazed by your post count concidering it's your first brew. Also the fact that you have a brewing blog. Way to dive head first into the hobby. It's what I did and I haven't looked back since.

yowza! that batch will disappear quickly. Hope you are getting the pipeline filled.

BTW, how can you have 238 posts already? You've only been brewing for a month.

I'm a software engineer...I'm very into forums and anything internet related. I've done a lot of stuff on these forums and with research. I don't doubt I'll be up to 1,000 within a few months.

I don't remember my second, but I definately remember the first. English Pale Ale. Haven't brewed one since, which is wierd since I liked it so much. Maybe I'll have to add that to my brewing calander.

You know...I don't really remember my first. Homebrew, I mean. I think it was some kind of pale ale, but it was something like 15 years ago, and I was probably drunk at the time.

Hmmm it might be a fun topic to start... but it's probably already been done?

I have spent a pretty penny on this hobby since the beginning of may, BUT I have already brewed 6 batches so far. all have been some of, if not the best beer i have ever had. the best beer is made at home with your own two hands. I think I will brew for a very long time! lol

I have spent a pretty penny on this hobby since the beginning of may, BUT I have already brewed 6 batches so far. all have been some of, if not the best beer i have ever had. the best beer is made at home with your own two hands. I think I will brew for a very long time! lol

Wait until you start buying kegging equipment and all-grain setups. I know I haven't spent near what some people have, but I'd say it's upwards of 2k just in the last year. That's not including the actual beer ingredients. There's always something bigger and shinier to buy.

Wait until you start buying kegging equipment and all-grain setups. I know I haven't spent near what some people have, but I'd say it's upwards of 2k just in the last year. That's not including the actual beer ingredients. There's always something bigger and shinier to buy.

Yeah not including my ingrediants I have spent about $900 on my setup, all grain, brewing equipment and kegging equipment included. I did not even spend much on my all grain set up. I use a 7 gallon turkey fryer for my kettle, and I spent about $40 on my mash tun. So I got away cheap. I am about to by two more kegs, as well as another line and another tap. It is all money well spent though.

Just wanted to add in here that I was privileged to have some of ThreeTaps first ever brew tonight, and apart from the slight banana esters from the admittedly highly fermentation temps, this is one tasty brew! The banana didn't actually detract from the beer all that much, kind of a banana-blond. He even left me a bottle... so he can come back anytime ;)

Keep up the good brewing Justin!

Just wanted to add in here that I was privileged to have some of ThreeTaps first ever brew tonight, and apart from the slight banana esters from the admittedly highly fermentation temps, this is one tasty brew! The banana didn't actually detract from the beer all that much, kind of a banana-blond. He even left me a bottle... so he can come back anytime ;)

Keep up the good brewing Justin!

Thanks man! I'm sure the next batches will come out perfect as the ferm temps have been controlled well. But if you want to bring up tasty beer, your ESB, Irish Red and Sehrdunkelweizen were all extremely good. I think the ESB was my favorite.

We'll do another brew day (or even a drink day, hah) soon enough. Today was good times, thanks for inviting me!

Just an update...

Now that the beer has conditioned in the bottle a bit longer, my wife actually likes it...and she's a Corona / Coors Light kind of girl. Nice!

Sweet, I've still got my bottle waiting for me in the fridge. I'm saving it for a special occasion, I think I'll drink it when the Fins Play their next Monday night game (2 weeks). Should have aged it's way to amazing by then ;)

Sweet, I've still got my bottle waiting for me in the fridge. I'm saving it for a special occasion, I think I'll drink it when the Fins Play their next Monday night game (2 weeks). Should have aged it's way to amazing by then ;)

Sounds good! I'm saving about 3 22ozers for a couple months from now too. Tonight I bottle my Pumpkin Spice and Cherry Wheat ales. Should be a fun night.

haha. I have berliner weisse, belgian pale with kaffir lime, bourbon vanilla imperial porter, barley wine, an old ale sort of thing I made a couple years back... Definitely enough to go around!

haha. I have berliner weisse, belgian pale with kaffir lime, bourbon vanilla imperial porter, barley wine, an old ale sort of thing I made a couple years back... Definitely enough to go around!

I would definitely trade some brew with you. Let me bottle my Oatmeal Stout in a week and we'll talk :)

Latest posts

Back