leinenkugel fireside nut brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInCtown

Reaction score
I tried some of this in late Feb maybe just before the keg ran out and it was gone for the year. Awesome taste, not too hoppy and went down smooth. Wondering if anyone has made a copy of this yet? Since I normally do not drink browns, I wasn't sure if they all taste similar or if some are way hoppier than others. (I like non bitter and non hoppy beers)

Thanks,
Mike

ps, I guess I could always wait a few more months and buy storebought :(

I've never brewed it but I did try it and thought it was tasty. I was expecting a Brown Ale but it tasted like a lager to me.

All of Leinie's beers are lagers. I'm not a fan, but I think the key would be to find a recipe for a very lightly hopped brown ale, low OG, and then use lager yeast and lager it.

You know, I'd never even thought about the fact that it was a lager. It was smooth but flavorful with some chocolate and nutty flavors. Not used to seeing that in lagers.

Back